A good receiver for Harman Kardon HKTS 60? - Page 4 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #31 of 55 Old 01-19-11, 03:26 PM
Shackster

Re: A good receiver for Harman Kardon HKTS 60?

Hey matt, I just ordered the HKTS60 this afternoon and will get them in a few weeks!!!!

I kept googling and found more reviews in german, polish etc.. and all of them were great reviews...

Can't wait to get them now!!! I don't even know what to expect really because I have never really had a great surround system.

Thanks for the help and I will drop a message here when i get them...

Last edited by scorpio182; 01-19-11 at 03:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 55 Old 01-20-11, 07:18 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Quote:
scorpio182 wrote: View Post
Hey matt, I just ordered the HKTS60 this afternoon and will get them in a few weeks!!!!

I kept googling and found more reviews in german, polish etc.. and all of them were great reviews...

Can't wait to get them now!!! I don't even know what to expect really because I have never really had a great surround system.

Thanks for the help and I will drop a message here when i get them...
Hey again my friend. Awsome to hear that. Do u have the link to the reviews? Trying to figure out the perfect crossover point. I have red that the HKTS 30 satelites have a crossover point at 120hz, so i guess thats the case for HKTS 60 too. And ey, it do sound awsome, and i really do mean awsome. For movies its superb, for music it is good, far better that any other satelite system ive heard. However, i cant stop thinking how cool it would be with 2 subwoofers :P It sucks you cant buy a seperate sub from HK. Dont get me wrong, the sub is more than powerfull, i have the level at half, BUT the sub could be tighter for music and not as booomy. Watching movies that is great, listening to trance and like that it is great, but for rock and metal its not tight enough. And i have two sub conections on my receiver, so maby ill buy two new subs to go with the satelites. And place one on each side of the speaker, in that way the bass would blend in perfectly. But hey, thats just a project i might be going for in the future, for now my money is out lol. And Hell yeah, dont regret one bit buying these speakers. And yeah, i also might buy the speaker stands for them. ALSO, i have not yet played them in surround, cus i live in a doorm room and are not allowed to nail things to the wall. So i need the stands to get the surround sound, i bet they will be so much more awsome Send me the link to the reviews pls, and let me now when u get yours. By the way, why so long to get them? 2 weeks?
post #33 of 55 Old 01-20-11, 07:30 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Yeah, and by the way. The HKTS 60 are geting better and better for every day. It takes a while for them to set. At first, the discant/tweeter sounds to high, after houres the sound sooo balanced, its awsome how they are geting better. But be aware, it takes loots of houres, many more than my larger floorstanding speakers took. And they are so sexy haha. Cant stop looking at them. Wish HK would make a floorstanding version of them, that would be AWSOME.

post #34 of 55 Old 01-20-11, 07:54 AM
Shackster

Here is one reveiw i still had up...

Danish to English translation
After the had been using my PC for all my music and movies so I had enough and was looking for a true home theater system and buy an Onkyo TX-NR808 and a Harman Kardon HKTS 60 speaker set (http://forum.edbpriser.dk/ forums/p/124412/785938.aspx # 785938

After using many, many hours finding the perfect set so I fell over Harman Kardon HKTS 60 high against the set but what I was sold on was that the European Imaging and Sound Association gave the award for best speaker set in 2010 for Harman Kardon HKTS 60 so it was them.

After it had waited a couple days so I got them endlige in the door and had put them up and I was very surprised.

Are you crazy one set of speakers they do not look like much but they are cheating

I never hear so sharp and clear sound in my life all my music got new life and I could hear things I never could hear before I am still so måløs so I can not describe it exactly nothing but now I know why they has won the European Imaging and Sound Association award for best speaker set in 2010.

Whether you hear Oprea and classical music or Headbanger rock and metal music so spillder they as they should cost much more but where the machines are in film
post #35 of 55 Old 01-20-11, 08:04 AM
Shackster

Quote:
Mattamatikk wrote: View Post
Hey again my friend. Awsome to hear that. Do u have the link to the reviews? Trying to figure out the perfect crossover point. I have red that the HKTS 30 satelites have a crossover point at 120hz, so i guess thats the case for HKTS 60 too. And ey, it do sound awsome, and i really do mean awsome. For movies its superb, for music it is good, far better that any other satelite system ive heard. However, i cant stop thinking how cool it would be with 2 subwoofers :P It sucks you cant buy a seperate sub from HK. Dont get me wrong, the sub is more than powerfull, i have the level at half, BUT the sub could be tighter for music and not as booomy. Watching movies that is great, listening to trance and like that it is great, but for rock and metal its not tight enough. And i have two sub conections on my receiver, so maby ill buy two new subs to go with the satelites. And place one on each side of the speaker, in that way the bass would blend in perfectly. But hey, thats just a project i might be going for in the future, for now my money is out lol. And Hell yeah, dont regret one bit buying these speakers. And yeah, i also might buy the speaker stands for them. ALSO, i have not yet played them in surround, cus i live in a doorm room and are not allowed to nail things to the wall. So i need the stands to get the surround sound, i bet they will be so much more awsome Send me the link to the reviews pls, and let me now when u get yours. By the way, why so long to get them? 2 weeks?
Hey i did come across some forums where they were talking about crossover for hkts30/60 but can't remember what was said about it. I know i heard someone saying 100 for one of them.

So the speakers have a sit in time thats cool and good to know, thanks...

As for the two subs my reciever has that option also but i doubt I will get another haha... This is my first HT set so I'm sure I will be amazed.

I did buy the floor stands for my setup and they look really nice from what i can see online.

I have to wait a while because i bought them through this club I am part of and it's normal for electronics to take a few weeks. It's a club where i paid into and then buy at wholsale prices.

I'm so excited your saying surround sound is amazing!!! Myself and my wife watch movies mostly so it will be a big change from hearing it from my samsung 46" TV speakers lol

I got my reciever, Harmony remote and PS3 adapter(harmony) all waiting for the speakers....

post #36 of 55 Old 01-20-11, 08:06 AM
Shackster

Quote:
Mattamatikk wrote: View Post
Yeah, and by the way. The HKTS 60 are geting better and better for every day. It takes a while for them to set. At first, the discant/tweeter sounds to high, after houres the sound sooo balanced, its awsome how they are geting better. But be aware, it takes loots of houres, many more than my larger floorstanding speakers took. And they are so appealing haha. Cant stop looking at them. Wish HK would make a floorstanding version of them, that would be AWSOME.
When you say many hours how many is that about?
post #37 of 55 Old 01-21-11, 04:20 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Quote:
When you say many hours how many is that about?
Many lol. No really, not THAT many, but i have left the radio on at night and playing music and watching tv at day. Since ive got them they havent been silent for long
post #38 of 55 Old 01-28-11, 12:49 PM
Shackster

Hey matt, I just picked up my HKTS60 during my lunch break and they are sitting in the car. Hopefully I have time to set them up this weekend!!!!

I will post here after my first impressions..woohoo
post #39 of 55 Old 01-28-11, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Quote:
Hey matt, I just picked up my HKTS60 during my lunch break and they are sitting in the car. Hopefully I have time to set them up this weekend!!!!

I will post here after my first impressions..woohoo
Awsome mate. Cant wait to hear from u after setting it up, then we can share some tips. Havent seen an HKTS 60 thread yet.
post #40 of 55 Old 01-31-11, 09:53 AM
Shackster

Well i finally was able to put everything together yesterday!!!!

First off the system looks great!!! I got the stands for my backs and they are sweet looking.

I wasn't able to run the mic setup because of my kids but will try today or tomorrow, will this make a difference?

So far I have watched Finding Nemo, Black Swan and tested some music.

Like i said I'm no audiphile and this is my first system ever so as you may guess it all sounded great!!!

I'm trying to figure out what surround sound mode is better for movies, music there are so many lol.
I had music playing on ch2 and ch7 and used an "enhanced mode" which make compressed music sounds better (it really did make a diff).

The sub on half worked really well with the movie which was subtle and added great bass to the music.

So far I am loving. I put on TV (ended up being golf) for a few minutes and it sounded great, felt like i was there..haha

If you got any recommendations of sounds settings etc.. let me know..

Thanks...