A good receiver for Harman Kardon HKTS 60? - Page 6 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #51 of 55 Old 06-23-11, 03:38 AM
Shackster

Re: A good receiver for Harman Kardon HKTS 60?

I am pretty sure I will be buying Infinity TSS-1200 total speaker solution set. The price on Amazon is hard to pass up for me. It was originally a debate between the HKTS 60QB for an extra $300, but with a more limited budget I will be sticking with the TSS-1200. I really am digging Pioneer Elite Receivers and would probably buy one, but am new at home theatre systems and matching the right power with the right receiver that will bring out the best possible quality from the speakers and sub. I know that Yamaha and Denon and Onkyo are other great receiver brands but just the styling and name of Pioneer Elite I am liking the most. Looks matter a lot to my significant other and me. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 55 Old 06-23-11, 07:33 AM
Elite Shackster

Jack

Hello,
Pioneer makes excellent AVR's and I too am a big fan of their Industrial Design. I would also look at last years Models as the HDMI spec (1.4) has not changed and you should be able to get more AVR for your money.
Cheers,
JJ

HT
Speakers: Martin Logan Vantage (Mains), Martin Logan Stage (Center), Martin Logan Vista (Surrounds), Martin Logan Montages (Surrounds) Hsu Research VTF-15h MK2, Martin Logan Descent i (Subwoofer)
Amplification: Aragon 8008bb, Parasound HCA-3500, Parasound HCA-2205 AT, Parasound HCA-1000a
AVR/SSP: Denon AVR-4520CI
Electronics: OPPO BDP-93
Gaming Consoles: Sony PS4, Xbox 360 S (250 gb)
Display: Panasonic TC-P65ZT60, Sony KDL-55EX500, Sony KD-34XBR910
post #53 of 55 Old 06-24-11, 08:42 PM
Shackster

Okay. So which pioneer elite AVR's from last years model would give me the best overall performance for the TSS-1200?

post #54 of 55 Old 07-01-11, 05:57 PM

Hey guys,

My first post here. I've made my decision to get the HKTS 60 after weeks of thinking. It looks great and got really good reviews. It's a must buy as my first home theater system.

I've also been looking into getting a receiver that matches the systems quality. The Denon AVR-1912 looks good and seems to be a good option for me, with the 3D, network options etcetera. My problem is I'm no technical genious and I can't figure out what all the specs means and how they compares to each other.
Anyone with a bit more knowledge who can tell me if the 1912 will do the HKTS 60 justice? I live in an apartment and most of the time I'm not able to play the system (mostly music, but also film) at the higher volumes. I need a receiver that can bring out the great sound from the HKTS 60 at lower volume levels. I'm no audiophile and I can't really hear what's good and what's bad, to be honest, but since I'm buying this system I would like it to sound as good as possible when I'm using it. My budget is at 750 USD.

The Denon AVR 1912 with detailed specs:
http://denon.co.uk/uk/Product/Pages/...ductId=AVR1912

HKTS 60 specs sheet:
http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/image..._SpecSheet.pdf

Regards,
Flaxet

Last edited by Flaxet; 07-01-11 at 06:05 PM.
post #55 of 55 Old 09-16-11, 11:06 AM

Thanks to all of you for a very usefull thread about HKTS 60's.
Got one question (hope some of you can answer): I've got a Yamaha RX-V367 reciever (not the best I know but it does have surround) and was thinking of buying a set of HKTS 20 or HKTS 30. But all the talk about HKTS 60 really got me thinking.
Is there any chance my reciver can take advantage of the HKTS 60, or is it complete overkill?
(I'm not an audiophile but I like listening to music and enjoy good movies.)