Well...good news. The HDMI problem with my> - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 10 Old 10-21-11, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Well...good news. The HDMI problem with my>

new Integra 70.3 seems to be resolved. I swapped out the HDMI cable from the cable box to the receiver. It looked like the installers bent the cable. So maybe that's what caused the HDMI signal problem.
Which leads me to the next question. I'm not the most tech savvy person. So I thought I would have professionals install the receiver. I asked the salesman to have the installers calibrate the system and then tweek it to my liking. The salesman being a salesman promised that the system would be perfect and that the installers would not leave until I was satisfied. Well....the installers arrived at about 2PM. They went right to work installing the Integra. When it came to running the Audissey they set the microphone on the back of my couch, ran the calibration, disconnected the microphone and started packing up. I asked why they weren't running the Audissey with the mic at different locations? They said that there would be no audible difference between what they did and what I asked.......really? My question is.....when I re-run the Audissey should I use all eight mic positions?
Will it make a big audible difference from the the present one position?

Thanks,
John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 10-21-11, 10:14 PM
Elite Shackster
Kal

Re: Well...good news. The HDMI problem with my>

Quote:
musiclover187 wrote: View Post
My question is.....when I re-run the Audissey should I use all eight mic positions?
Will it make a big audible difference from the the present one position?
1. Yes.
2. Yes.

Kal

Kal Rubinson
post #3 of 10 Old 10-21-11, 11:00 PM
Inactive
Ty

Quote:
musiclover187 wrote:
My question is.....when I re-run the Audissey should I use all eight mic positions?
Along the same lines as Kal's answer, Audyssey always recommends using the most measurement positions available for your given version of Audyssey, supposed to provide the most accurate results.

Last edited by TypeA; 10-22-11 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Forum Police

post #4 of 10 Old 10-21-11, 11:45 PM
Senior Shackster

vann_d

My System

Sorry you got shortchanged on your install. That is disappointing but I find it is a common disappointment in the service industry
post #5 of 10 Old 10-22-11, 05:45 AM
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Send a message via AIM to lcaillo

Did you contact the management of the company doing the install to communicate what happened? I suggest you do so, post the name of the company here, and post their response. There is value to everyone in calling out the facts in a situation like this. The company may respond to improve their service or they may not. In either case, others may benefit from the information.

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.
post #6 of 10 Old 10-22-11, 10:04 AM
Banned!

Ditto to Leonard, bad installers undercut the market and give good installers a bad name. It would have taken them 20 minutes to do a proper calibration (preferably with a mic stand to get the microphone away from your couch).
post #7 of 10 Old 10-22-11, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

I called the store the day after the install. The salesman>

was off but I got to speak with the owner (briefly). I think he was only half listening to me because he was busy with a customer in the store and rushed me off the phone. I called the store back a few days later to speak with the salesman. He said if I would have asked the installers to calibrate the system using all the positions they would have.
I thought by using a small shop rather than a big chain store, I would get personalized service. Actually that's what I was promised when I ordered the Integra.
I'm 51 years old and should know better. If you want something done right .....do it yourself. Because when it comes down to it no one cares about your stuff like you do.
When I have time to properly calibrate my system, I'll post the results.

Thanks,
John
post #8 of 10 Old 10-23-11, 11:26 AM
Banned!

...and they fell over themselves apologizing, offering to send an installer out at your convenience to do a proper calibration?

How much did you pay them to hookup your AVR?
post #9 of 10 Old 10-23-11, 03:33 PM
Elite Shackster

Tony

My System

This is sad, I am sorry I dont live closer as I would certainly come over for free to do the calibration properly. There is a reason that The Audeyssey setup has multiple position readings (it even clearly says to do more than one in the manual) I am really disappointed you had this experience as it shows that they have no training in the proper procedure. As mentioned above a tripod is a must for the readings to be done correctly.

Home theater:
Onkyo 805, Yamaha YDP2006EQ, Samson Servo 600 amp
3 EV Sentry 500 monitors across the front, 4 Mission 762i's Surrounds, SVS PB13U sub, Panasonic BDT220, Harmony 1100, Nintendo WiiU
Panasonic PT-AE8000 on a 120" 2,35:1 fixed screen

Living room system:
Sherwood/Newcastle R972, Mission 765's, SVS SBS02's, A/D/S MS3u sub, Yamaha YDG2030EQ
Yamaha KX-393 Tape deck, CDC 805 CD changer, Panasonic BD60, Sony turntable PS-T20
Panasonic TC-P50ST60, HD-PVR & WDTV Live, Harmony 900

post #10 of 10 Old 10-23-11, 08:40 PM
Elite Shackster
Kal

Re: I called the store the day after the install. The salesman>

Quote:
musiclover187 wrote: View Post
He said if I would have asked the installers to calibrate the system using all the positions they would have.
A clear admission that they take advantage of the uninformed. That is unconscionable.

Kal Rubinson