Denon AVR-4520CI Official Owners, Discussion and Information Thread - Page 6 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #51 of 234 Old 02-26-13, 09:16 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Re: Denon AVR-4520CI Official Owners, Discussion and Information Thread

I got another firmware upgrade today on my 4520. I don't see any notes on it on the Denon site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 234 Old 02-26-13, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Jack

Quote:
Sonnie wrote: View Post
I got another firmware upgrade today on my 4520. I don't see any notes on it on the Denon site.
Could the Firmware be (3325-5703-3453)? This FW was released on 2-14 and below is the changelog.

- When the customer connects DLXA75R (VICTOR) and 65ZT5 (Panasonic) with the unit via HDMI, the unit was freeze by a dual output.
- When the product is used for a long time, the GUI image might not change even if Source is changed.

I know a few who did not get the FW Notification on the 14th and are still finding out about it now.

HT
Speakers: Martin Logan Vantage (Mains), Martin Logan Stage (Center), Martin Logan Vista (Surrounds), Martin Logan Montages (Surrounds) Hsu Research VTF-15h MK2, Martin Logan Descent i (Subwoofer)
Amplification: Aragon 8008bb, Parasound HCA-3500, Parasound HCA-2205 AT, Parasound HCA-1000a
AVR/SSP: Denon AVR-4520CI
Electronics: OPPO BDP-93
Gaming Consoles: Sony PS4, Xbox 360 S (250 gb)
Display: Panasonic TC-P65ZT60, Sony KDL-55EX500, Sony KD-34XBR910
post #53 of 234 Old 02-26-13, 11:13 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

That is very possible. I have only had two updates, and the first one was right after I received it.

post #54 of 234 Old 02-27-13, 01:10 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

I received my 4520 this past weekend and the first thing I did was check for updates and there was one. Not sure if its a newly issued update or an older update as my unit is refurbished.

Home Theater System Denon AVR4520CI, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2, Polk CSi A6 Center, Polk RTi A9 Front, Polk RTi A7 Front Wide, Polk RTi A1 Front Height, Polk FXi A6 Side, Polk RTi A3 Rear, SVS PB12-NSD x2 Front, SVS PC12-NSD x2 Rear, Panasonic PT-AE7000U, Visual Apex CineWhite 100" Screen, PS4, Dish Hopper, Darbee Darblet DVP 5000.My Home Theater Build
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #55 of 234 Old 02-27-13, 05:28 PM

Ron

My System

If I get my old stuff sold I am going to try and go for it (If not I might be able to swing the for the 3313)! Is anyone getting the extended warranty with the refurbished ones?

My Home Living room Theater
Samsung 65" FP, Yamaha CX-A5100, Xilica XP4080, (4) Klipsch RP160MS, (4) JBL 8340As, (2) Yamaha P2500s amps, PS3, XBox One, (1) Asus mini pc, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, Darbee Darcet, and a Project RPM 1.5 Carbon turntable..
post #56 of 234 Old 02-27-13, 05:48 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

I got the extended warranty on a refurb.

Home Theater System Denon AVR4520CI, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2, Polk CSi A6 Center, Polk RTi A9 Front, Polk RTi A7 Front Wide, Polk RTi A1 Front Height, Polk FXi A6 Side, Polk RTi A3 Rear, SVS PB12-NSD x2 Front, SVS PC12-NSD x2 Rear, Panasonic PT-AE7000U, Visual Apex CineWhite 100" Screen, PS4, Dish Hopper, Darbee Darblet DVP 5000.My Home Theater Build
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #57 of 234 Old 02-27-13, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Jack

Hello,
I am debating whether to get the Square Trade or the one offered by AC4L. Given just how expensive and complex this AVR is, I do think it to be a prudent thing to do.

That being said, M Code who is a frequent poster elsewhere and decidedly works somewhere deep in the belly of the beast, often bring up that most AVR failures are going to occur within the first year. I do wish Denon's Extended Warranty was not so expensive as opposed to Onkyo which charges around $80 for 3 additional years of manufacturers warranty. Denon's is something like $300 for just 2 years.

Thank goodness thanks Mark worked with Denon to change from a 90 Day to a 1 Year Warranty. As with only a 90 day warranty, there is no way I would recommend the purchase of any B-Stock Denon.
Cheers,
JJ

HT
Speakers: Martin Logan Vantage (Mains), Martin Logan Stage (Center), Martin Logan Vista (Surrounds), Martin Logan Montages (Surrounds) Hsu Research VTF-15h MK2, Martin Logan Descent i (Subwoofer)
Amplification: Aragon 8008bb, Parasound HCA-3500, Parasound HCA-2205 AT, Parasound HCA-1000a
post #58 of 234 Old 02-27-13, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Jack

Hello,
I have an somewhat obscure question for you fellow 4520CI B-Stock owners. As only the refurbished 4520CI comes in a double box, does anyone still have their old tracking information or probably just the UPS Sticker on the box showing the weight?

As I picked up mine from Orlando, I am not sure what it weighs and one of my close friends wants to order one and have it delivered to his place of work, but there is some strange stipulation about the weight of packages delivered there. I know the A-Stock weighs around 44 pounds shipped, but I am thinking the B-Stock weighs more.

I can always call AC4L tomorrow, but would like to let him know tonight if possible.
Cheers,
JJ

HT
post #59 of 234 Old 02-27-13, 10:35 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

Per my FedEx notice 51 lbs. Hope that helps JJ.

post #60 of 234 Old 02-27-13, 11:11 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

Quote:
phillihp23 wrote: View Post
I received my 4520 this past weekend and the first thing I did was check for updates and there was one. Not sure if its a newly issued update or an older update as my unit is refurbished.
If the last one was released on 2/14, then you should have the latest one.

Quote:
Jungle Jack wrote: View Post
Hello,
I am debating whether to get the Square Trade or the one offered by AC4L. Given just how expensive and complex this AVR is, I do think it to be a prudent thing to do.

That being said, M Code who is a frequent poster elsewhere and decidedly works somewhere deep in the belly of the beast, often bring up that most AVR failures are going to occur within the first year. I do wish Denon's Extended Warranty was not so expensive as opposed to Onkyo which charges around $80 for 3 additional years of manufacturers warranty. Denon's is something like $300 for just 2 years.

Thank goodness thanks Mark worked with Denon to change from a 90 Day to a 1 Year Warranty. As with only a 90 day warranty, there is no way I would recommend the purchase of any B-Stock Denon.
Cheers,
JJ
It is nice that the new ones come with a 3-year warranty, but $149 for a 5-year warranty thru AC4L is an awesome deal. It looks like a 3-Year with SquareTrade is $210.