Denon AVR-4520CI Official Owners, Discussion and Information Thread - Page 9 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #81 of 234 Old 03-02-13, 04:16 PM
Shackster
Eric
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 89
Re: Denon AVR-4520CI Official Owners, Discussion and Information Thread

Thanks for the chatter - count another one in for a refurb 4250.

I've been planning to replace my Denon 3300, and had been soooo waiting for the Outlaw 978. When that project cratered, I retrenched. Started looking again seriously in Dec to coincide with remodel of the family/TV room.

As I'm dual-sub'ed and in love with the parameterized house curve I'd previously set, I really wanted to keep the option open of going to the installer setup if I don't like the Audyssey defaults. That had me down to either the Integra 70.4 or the 4250, but I was having troubles going the additional mile on cost.

Then, while taking a break from cutting room behind baseboards for cables this weekend, I happened across the updates to this thread from the last month!

Already reported to my wonderful wife (not sarcastic - she really is wonderful) about all the money I'm "saving," (and her telling me after I told her the punchline that it was smart of me to lead with the savings), the trigger has already been pulled.

I've been looking forward to getting some form of DSP correction since I first heard it (even before Audyssey et al).

It'll be a couple of months for this all to get into place, but I'll be sure to report on the results.

Again, thanks!
Eric D is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #82 of 234 Old 03-02-13, 04:55 PM
HTS Moderator
 
ALMFamily's Avatar
Joe
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 7,209
My System
Re: Denon AVR-4520CI Official Owners, Discussion and Information Thread

Quote:
Eric D wrote: View Post
Thanks for the chatter - count another one in for a refurb 4250.

I've been planning to replace my Denon 3300, and had been soooo waiting for the Outlaw 978. When that project cratered, I retrenched. Started looking again seriously in Dec to coincide with remodel of the family/TV room.

As I'm dual-sub'ed and in love with the parameterized house curve I'd previously set, I really wanted to keep the option open of going to the installer setup if I don't like the Audyssey defaults. That had me down to either the Integra 70.4 or the 4250, but I was having troubles going the additional mile on cost.

Then, while taking a break from cutting room behind baseboards for cables this weekend, I happened across the updates to this thread from the last month!

Already reported to my wonderful wife (not sarcastic - she really is wonderful) about all the money I'm "saving," (and her telling me after I told her the punchline that it was smart of me to lead with the savings), the trigger has already been pulled.

I've been looking forward to getting some form of DSP correction since I first heard it (even before Audyssey et al).

It'll be a couple of months for this all to get into place, but I'll be sure to report on the results.

Again, thanks!
Welcome to the 4520 club!

I was working in iRule a bit today with it - and I ended up turning on the Airplay from my iPod. Quite, quite awesome......


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
ALMFamily is offline  
post #83 of 234 Old 03-02-13, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster
 
Jungle Jack's Avatar
Jack
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Siesta Key, Florida
Posts: 8,112
Re: Denon AVR-4520CI Official Owners, Discussion and Information Thread

Hello,
Congrats Eric. Really think you are going to love it. My father has a pretty large home in Tennessee and I ended up sending him my 4520 and in return he purchased me another one. The reason he did not just order one himself is that I was able to program the Remote Control and setup the Zones where it was relatively easy for my brother to set it up. It is hard to do it living 750 miles south.

Even though I provided him with the link to AC4L, he ended up sending one to me from Amazon. I am still befuddled about this, but I can say that an A-Stock looks absolutely identical to the one I had picked up at AC4L. About the only differences I can see are a strip of blue tape that covers the front panel and the Audyssey Microphone being in a white box as opposed to being in the bag. Slightly different packaging and only a single box. In truth, I much prefer the double boxing from the AC4L unit.

Definitely does not make it remotely worth the $800 difference. Truth be told, if it did not mean going at least a week without an AVR, I would have sent it back. We had set it up where he ordered the other one before I sent off mine former 4520. I just assumed that I was getting another from AC4L. The reason I ended up getting it the same day as when I was shipping of mine is my father uses Amazon Prime.
Cheers,
JJ

HT
Speakers: Martin Logan Vantage (Mains), Martin Logan Stage (Center), Martin Logan Vista (Surrounds), Martin Logan Montages (Surrounds) Hsu Research VTF-15h MK2, Martin Logan Descent i (Subwoofer)
Amplification: Aragon 8008bb, Parasound HCA-3500, Parasound HCA-2205 AT, Parasound HCA-1000a
AVR/SSP: Denon AVR-4520CI
Electronics: OPPO BDP-93
Gaming Consoles: Sony PS4, Xbox 360 S (250 gb)
Display: Panasonic TC-P65ZT60, Sony KDL-55EX500, Sony KD-34XBR910
Jungle Jack is offline  
 
post #84 of 234 Old 03-02-13, 06:35 PM
Elite Shackster
 
phillihp23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 1,163
My System
Re: Denon AVR-4520CI Official Owners, Discussion and Information Thread

It seems our little club is growing quickly

Home Theater System Denon AVR4520CI, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2, Polk CSi A6 Center, Polk RTi A9 Front, Polk RTi A7 Front Wide, Polk RTi A1 Front Height, Polk FXi A6 Side, Polk RTi A3 Rear, SVS PB12-NSD x2 Front, SVS PC12-NSD x2 Rear, Panasonic PT-AE7000U, Visual Apex CineWhite 100" Screen, PS4, Dish Hopper, Darbee Darblet DVP 5000.My Home Theater Build
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
phillihp23 is offline  
post #85 of 234 Old 03-04-13, 02:06 PM
 
ellisr63's Avatar
Ron
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In the Home Theater
Posts: 5,769
My System
Re: Denon AVR-4520CI Official Owners, Discussion and Information Thread

Well I just bit the bullet... Ordered one from A4L. I should have it next week. Hope my fiance doesn't find out how much I just spent!

My Home Living room Theater
Samsung 65" FP, Yamaha CX-A5100, Xilica XP4080, (4) Klipsch RP160MS, (4) JBL 8340As, PS3, XBox One, (1) Asus mini pc, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, Darbee Darcet, and a Project RPM 1.5 Carbon turntable..
ellisr63 is offline  
post #86 of 234 Old 03-04-13, 03:50 PM
HTS Moderator
 
ALMFamily's Avatar
Joe
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 7,209
My System
Re: Denon AVR-4520CI Official Owners, Discussion and Information Thread

Yay! Another one succumbs to the peer pressure!

Seriously though, you are getting a GREAT unit!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
ALMFamily is offline  
post #87 of 234 Old 03-04-13, 06:42 PM
 
ellisr63's Avatar
Ron
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In the Home Theater
Posts: 5,769
My System
Re: Denon AVR-4520CI Official Owners, Discussion and Information Thread

Quote:
ALMFamily wrote: View Post
Yay! Another one succumbs to the peer pressure!

Seriously though, you are getting a GREAT unit!
Should be a huge improvement over my 3806. Next will be a new projector.

My Home Living room Theater
Samsung 65" FP, Yamaha CX-A5100, Xilica XP4080, (4) Klipsch RP160MS, (4) JBL 8340As, PS3, XBox One, (1) Asus mini pc, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, Darbee Darcet, and a Project RPM 1.5 Carbon turntable..
ellisr63 is offline  
post #88 of 234 Old 03-05-13, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster
 
Jungle Jack's Avatar
Jack
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Siesta Key, Florida
Posts: 8,112
Re: Denon AVR-4520CI Official Owners, Discussion and Information Thread

Quote:
ellisr63 wrote: View Post
Well I just bit the bullet... Ordered one from A4L. I should have it next week. Hope my fiance doesn't find out how much I just spent!
Hello,
Congrats amigo. I would buy all the toys you possibly want before getting Married! I do think we are getting a good per capita 4520 ownership ratio.
Best,
J

HT
Speakers: Martin Logan Vantage (Mains), Martin Logan Stage (Center), Martin Logan Vista (Surrounds), Martin Logan Montages (Surrounds) Hsu Research VTF-15h MK2, Martin Logan Descent i (Subwoofer)
Amplification: Aragon 8008bb, Parasound HCA-3500, Parasound HCA-2205 AT, Parasound HCA-1000a
AVR/SSP: Denon AVR-4520CI
Electronics: OPPO BDP-93
Gaming Consoles: Sony PS4, Xbox 360 S (250 gb)
Display: Panasonic TC-P65ZT60, Sony KDL-55EX500, Sony KD-34XBR910
Jungle Jack is offline  
post #89 of 234 Old 03-05-13, 09:17 PM
Shackster
 
kingpin748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 75
My System
Well in an effort to bankrupt myself and alienate my spouse I've dropped the hammer on a brand new 4520. I just can't be bothered with this refurb stuff. But yeah, That's just my jealousy talking.

E4L won't ship refurbished Denon to Canada much to my dismay and my dealers glee. At least he gave me a decent deal. Once my SBS-02s get here next week I'll be the proud owner of a 9.1 system because, you know,there are just so many 9.1 audio tracks out there right now.

I pick it up tomorrow morning so it looks likes I'll be taking the day off!
kingpin748 is offline  
post #90 of 234 Old 03-05-13, 09:22 PM
 
ellisr63's Avatar
Ron
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In the Home Theater
Posts: 5,769
My System
Re: Denon AVR-4520CI Official Owners, Discussion and Information Thread

Quote:
kingpin748 wrote: View Post
Well in an effort to bankrupt myself and alienate my spouse I've dropped the hammer on a brand new 4520. I just can't be bothered with this refurb stuff. But yeah, That's just my jealousy talking.

E4L won't ship refurbished Denon to Canada much to my dismay and my dealers glee. At least he gave me a decent deal. Once my SBS-02s get here next week I'll be the proud owner of a 9.1 system because, you know,there are just so many 9.1 audio tracks out there right now.

I pick it up tomorrow morning so it looks likes I'll be taking the day off!
Always a good reason for a sick day... cough, cough. LOL

My Home Living room Theater
Samsung 65" FP, Yamaha CX-A5100, Xilica XP4080, (4) Klipsch RP160MS, (4) JBL 8340As, PS3, XBox One, (1) Asus mini pc, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, Darbee Darcet, and a Project RPM 1.5 Carbon turntable..
ellisr63 is offline  
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
avr4520ci , denon , discussion , thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now




PLEASE COMPLETE ALL REQUIRED FIELDS BELOW... THANKS!

REQUIRED FIELDS ON THIS PAGE
YOU MUST COMPLETE ALL OF THESE

Username
Password
Confirm Password
Email Address
Confirm Email Address
Random Question
Random Question #2




User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
PLEASE READ BELOW PRIOR TO ENTERING AN EMAIL ADDRESS!

ATTENTION!

YOU MUST ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT!

Activation requires you reply to an email we will send you after you register... if you do not reply to this email, you will not be able to view certain areas of the forum or certain images... nor will you be able download software.

AN INVALID EMAIL ADDRESS WILL CAUSE YOUR ACCOUNT TO BE DELETED!

See our banned email list here: Banned Email List

We DO NOT respond to spamcop, boxtrapper and spamblocker emails... please add @hometheatershack DOT com to your whitelist prior to registering or you will get nowhere on your registration.


Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML is not allowed!
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 


For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome