Denon AVR 3313 Zone 2 HDMI question - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 5 Old 05-24-13, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Denon AVR 3313 Zone 2 HDMI question

Hi,

So I cannot find this info anywhere in this forum or online.I downloaded the manual and it is still not too clear on this...

My question is as follows:

Is it possible to have Zone 2 HDMI playing and have Zone 3 setup for separate speakers without needing a amp to drive the Zone 3 speakers?

I have a main room that has a tv with a drop down projector screen (which will utilize 2 of the HDMI outputs). The HDMI zone 2 will power a TV in another room. I would like this to simply pass audio to the TV, however I do not want another amp to power zone 3 for audio. I am hoping that being Zone 2 is just passing audio via HDMI that Zone 3 would work normally, allowing airplay independently on Zone 3 and without the need of an external amp.

AAAAAAAANY help would be greatly appreciated as I cannot really see a clear answer anywhere.

Thanks guys!

David C
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Owner/Operator of HT Install NJ
Specializing in
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Email Us at
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-27-13, 01:58 PM
Senior Shackster

Guns

My System
Re: Denon AVR 3313 Zone 2 HDMI question

Are you trying to make two different video (picture and sound) outputs from the same Denon receiver?

Save the whales?
Naaa... buy local and save your dealer's showroom from permanent extinction!

post #3 of 5 Old 05-27-13, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

yes.....the denon 3313 offers 3 HDMI outs (2 parallel out, 1 Zone 2 out) and I was trying to find out if when viewing a different source to HDMI zone 2, would zone 2 or 3 audio still work without an external amp. I have confirmed that when watching any source through HDMI out 2, it simply passes the audio/video and still lets you use a second zone for audio without the need for an external amp.

David C

Owner/Operator of HT Install NJ
Specializing in

Email Us at

post #4 of 5 Old 06-03-13, 09:01 PM
Elite Shackster

RTS100x5

Any zone 3 source should be analog L/R ..Typically Zone 2 and 3 on any AVR are made this way ...Your Denon may pass digital through zone 2 since it is parallel (mirror) of main zone.... Experiment with analog inputes to zone 3 and in DENON SETUP make sure your Surround BACK speakers are assigned to zone 3 for amplification...hope this helps
post #5 of 5 Old 06-10-13, 12:17 PM
steve

Hello Audio People !

Don't know if there's anybody out there that can give me any information over the Handshake PROBLEM ??? (How to get rid of it) , would be great.
I have a Denon AVR 3313, (super Amp !) the only problem I have, is that it wants to shake too often, when I watch Doly digital programs on TV, the sound falls away every time I change channels in the beginning, If I only use an optical cable it dosen't, and with HDMI it does. I phoned Denon they say it's a problem with the decoder (Tv provider) I phoned the Provider, and they said it is a problem with software from Denon, I just don't know anymore, Iv'e also tried new cables

Hope there's someone with any info Thanks Steve