Onkyo TX-NR828 Owners Thread - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 21 Old 01-14-14, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Viking

Re: Onkyo TX-NR828 Owners Thread

Quote:
kingnoob wrote: View Post
I love my 818 so Id imagine Id love the 828, but how do I update firmware in 818??? Help anyone
Sorry, I missed this before. You can find the firmware instructions and the firmware download for your unit here:

http://www.onkyousa.com/Downloads/firmware.php

If at first you do not find your title, near the top, scroll further. It is there. TX-NR818. It gives instructions to update via internet, or USB.

WHAT? Me Worry?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 Old 02-24-14, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Viking

Well, I have had my 828 for about seven weeks now, and I could not be happier. I obtained the Disney WOW bluray disc and set the sound up using their tones. I have never had better sound in my home theater, since I came here and learned what was necessary to adjust for the room and speakers that I have. Thank you Home Theater Shack members.

WHAT? Me Worry?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #13 of 21 Old 03-06-14, 06:08 PM

Hello. I just purchased my first receiver, the TX-NR828. Does anyone have experience with using "Home Media" sharing? Anyone have success with Mac or Windows? What media software have you used? The receiver is wired on my home network. I'm finding it difficult to share files using my Mac on Medialink. I do have a PC also, but my music is stored on my Macbook.

post #14 of 21 Old 03-23-14, 09:33 PM
al

My System

Anyone had any issues with sound cutting out? During play from either my PC or Playstation, I notice that the sound will cut out for 1 - 2 seconds at fairly regular intervals (about once per minute).
The PC and the Playstation are both plugged in using HDMI. I have tried using a different HDMI cable and also tried plugging them into different ports. I have not experienced this problem when watching cable though.
I don't think (but am not certain) that it is the signal; the video does not stop or hesitate.
Any thoughts? The 828 is less than 2 months old.
Thanks
post #15 of 21 Old 03-23-14, 11:34 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Quote:
Captainsellout wrote: View Post
Hello. I just purchased my first receiver, the TX-NR828. Does anyone have experience with using "Home Media" sharing? Anyone have success with Mac or Windows? What media software have you used? The receiver is wired on my home network. I'm finding it difficult to share files using my Mac on Medialink. I do have a PC also, but my music is stored on my Macbook.
Hi, I know this is an 828 thread but I do have an 808! That's ok right! Lol anyways,I have had real good success, with sharing. I use windows 7 professional, but despite that, I use iTunes since we all have apple devices in my house. My onkyo has no trouble finding all the music on my PC, in any format, and even finds all the weird folders I've made with sine waves and test tones. I also downloaded the onkyo remote2 app, for my phone. It works flawlessly also, but I use the factory remote for menu nav. Sorry I can't comment on the Mac side though...
post #16 of 21 Old 09-25-14, 02:43 PM
Shackster

I just ordered one of these, wondering how it compares with the TX-SR705 using it as a preamp. My speakers are powered, so I'm using the preamp outputs (which the 727 does not have). I'm hoping it's not a downgrade in sound, I ordered it for dynamic eq for lower volume listening.
post #17 of 21 Old 06-29-17, 11:17 PM
Shackster

I bought my 828 about a year ago from Crutchfield. Everything has been great until about a week ago and I am completely stumped. All of a sudden, I am now experiencing video drop out but, only with DVDs. Blu rays still play fine. I even tried new blu ray player and new HDMI cable. I spoke with person at Crutchfield and then to someone at Onkyo. Can someone please help me with this?
post #18 of 21 Old 06-30-17, 07:55 AM
Shackster

Well, until I find solution to my problem, I did come up with a work-around. I just ordered a 2-way HDMI manual splitter from Amazon. This will allow me to alternately send HDMI signal from bluray player directly to TV or to Onkyo. DVDs play just find when bluray player is connected directly to TV, but not to Onkyo. Since I have my home theater system set up with option of playing TV audio through Onkyo, I can still enjoy DVD movies with Onkyo this way. However, it is beyond perplexing as to what happened to cause this problem of only blurays working directly through the Onkyo, and not DVDs.
post #19 of 21 Old 06-30-17, 08:05 AM
Shackster

I did have to do factory reset on my Onkyo just before this problem first appeared. I did the reset due to having no audio output one day. I went through routine auto speaker calibration again and everything seemed just fine.
post #20 of 21 Old 06-30-17, 08:10 AM
Shackster

All of my home theater components are on a stand alone tiered glass shelved unit. It is completely open so heat is definitely not an issue.