Marantz SR7008 Owners Thread - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 40 Old 01-22-14, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

My System
Marantz SR7008 Owners Thread

I see that there is an owners thread for Denon's Flagship receiver, but not for Marantz's, so I thought I would go ahead and start one.

I picked up my 7008 Just before Christmas this year, and IT.....IS.....AWESOME!!!! I love the way it looks, and sounds. So far, the only complaint I could have would be the same one most people have with Audyssey, and that is that it sets the bass far too low for my tastes.

Right now my configuration is as follows

Marantz SR7008
PS3 Fat (Original)
FL and FR = B&W 604s3's
C = B&W LCR60
RL and RR = B&W 602s1's
Simply Sound Audio Rumba 12
MTX SW1212
Velodyne DPS10

Yes, I'm running 3 different subs from 3 different manufacturers and 2 different sizes. You work with what you got right? But it sounds awesome.

So, who else has one of these bad boys, and what has been your experience, issues, etc?

Lets get this thread going as a resource for others.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 Old 01-24-14, 01:51 AM
Elite Shackster

Jack

My System
Re: Marantz SR7008 Owners Thread

Congratulations on your pick and set up. I bet it is rock solid and I hope you get a ton of happiness out of it.

Good Listening

Jack

"For those who believe no proof is needed for those who don't believe no proof is possible"
post #3 of 40 Old 01-28-14, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

My System
Can someone please advise me on how to improve this thread so as to generate more activity? I intended this thread to be a resource for anyone with this receiver.

post #4 of 40 Old 01-30-14, 08:59 PM
Shackster

My System

Tweaked I think you'll find there aren't to many that have sprung for this model in the line up due to its expensive price and it isn't all that different to the 7007. So it may take a while to get some action in this thread.

Saying that I've just upgraded from my old Rotel 1056 to the Marantz sr7008 and I couldn't be happier.

I haven't had a chance to explore all the sound formats,audyssey etc yet but I'm loving airplay and the other networking features. I'm using mine with a netgear wifi adapter to link to my wifi router and it functions seemlessly. It's set up next to my tv at the moment for testing purposes, I don't want to spend hours installing it into my HT to find it's got fault. I did find in the first week that it was changing inputs by itself but I think I worked out it was receiving IR signals from my Samsung tv.

I'll be using it as a pre-pro with a 5 ch & 2 ch Rotel amp. I may expand and add some wides later in the year.

I'm also running two SVS PC12 plus subwoofers along with seven Klipsch Reference speakers.

Hopefully your thread will grow from here.
post #5 of 40 Old 02-05-14, 02:08 PM
Shackster

My System

I will be connecting my new 7008 this weekend. Would be nice to interact with owners for tweaks and touches.

I also will be using a mix bag of subs.

I plan on getting everything out of the Sub Eq functions.

Will be using Sub out 1 for Ken Kreisel DX12 DUO. Will use Sub Out 2 for Velodyne DD15 master with DD12 daisy chained via serial.

Hoping to learn on how to use REW to mazimize potential of my setup
post #6 of 40 Old 02-11-14, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

My System

rgiorgio,

Have you gotten everything hooked up and running? I would love to hear your impressions. Sounds like you hooked up your subs like I did mine. When you run Audyssey, be sure to read some of the Audyssey setup guides floating around out there. Very useful.
post #7 of 40 Old 03-02-14, 11:37 PM
Shackster

manu

Quote:
Tweaked05 wrote: View Post
rgiorgio, Have you gotten everything hooked up and running? I would love to hear your impressions. Sounds like you hooked up your subs like I did mine. When you run Audyssey, be sure to read some of the Audyssey setup guides floating around out there. Very useful.
Hi, folks!
It's good to join in. I am awaiting my 7008 to arrive by tomorrow. Currently using 6007. I have a 7.2 setup of SVS M series speakers and Sunfire Signature and Deftech Supercube 2 subs. Marantz 6007 sounds awesome but the av receiver gets to protective mode after heating up. After say an hour or so. My volume is around 55-60 ( 0-98 scale). All 7.2 running. Hope it won't happen with the 7008! Embarrassing in the middle of a movie with guests in attendance! The receiver is on top of my av console and my HT is with a/c.
Cheers
Manu
post #8 of 40 Old 03-03-14, 06:16 AM
Banned!

My System

Quote:
Tweaked05 wrote: View Post
Can someone please advise me on how to improve this thread so as to generate more activity? I intended this thread to be a resource for anyone with this receiver.
Unfortunately, there are too many lurkers and not enough participants.

1514 (71 members and 1443 guests)

And 40 members and guests are looking at the receiver heading.
post #9 of 40 Old 01-04-15, 01:36 PM

Hi all,
I'm a new owner of the SR7008 !

Have you tried the Flickr plugin ?

It does not work on my receiver.
I'm well connected to the network, internet radio is working.
I tried to add a new contact or see public content, but nothing work.

Is this a general problem ?
post #10 of 40 Old 08-22-15, 09:19 AM
zinger

Hello all!

I've just set up my SR7008 which i just picked up for 799.99 on a flash sale. I'm currently running a 7.1 Klipsch setup. Now my question is, what kind of amp would sound the best with my RF-7's? They're rated at 250W continuous and 1000w peak. I'm getting decent sound, but I feel like my front R-L are just not getting enough power. can anyone suggest a good amp that will power these suckers and not lose any sound quality?