Behringer ADA8000 to convert Marantz 7007 RCA unbalanced to XLR Balanced for QSC RMX 850. - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #21 of 30 Old 08-16-14, 04:38 PM
Senior Shackster

waycooljr

Or a mixing board ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 Old 08-17-14, 12:40 AM
HTS Senior Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Wayne A. Pflughaupt
Re: Behringer ADA8000 to convert Marantz 7007 RCA unbalanced to XLR Balanced for QSC RMX 850.

Sure enough...

Regards,
Wayne

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|

Last edited by Wayne A. Pflughaupt; 08-17-14 at 01:23 AM.
post #23 of 30 Old 08-17-14, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Re: Behringer ADA8000 to convert Marantz 7007 RCA unbalanced to XLR Balanced for QSC RMX 850.

[/QUOTE]

A cheaper way to convert the signal is to use something like an outboard equalizer, crossover, etc. Any piece of equipment like that (with balanced ins and outs) will deliver a balanced output with an unbalanced input.

Regards,
Wayne[/QUOTE]

Do you have any suggestions on brands of equalizers, crossovers or like wise? I am looking for best value, I dont feel the need to overly spend yet I want good results? I know this is the impossible dream, so what would give me the best bang for the buck in terms of sound quality.

Please keep in mind the unit should have the capabilities to increase line voltage as well.

Thank you for you help!!

post #24 of 30 Old 08-17-14, 12:50 PM

Ron

My System

I believe the Beringer Feedback Destroyer will do it... At least I hope it will, as i just purchased one. They can be found for as little as $50 used, and used to help EQ your sub too.

My Home Living room Theater
Samsung 65" FP, Yamaha CX-A5100, Xilica XP4080, (5) JBL 8340As, PS3, XBox One, (1) Asus mini pc, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, Darbee Darcet, Oppo UDP-203, and a Project RPM 1.5 Carbon turntable..
post #25 of 30 Old 08-17-14, 02:53 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Quote:
AutoDelphi wrote: View Post
Do you have any suggestions on brands of equalizers, crossovers or like wise? I am looking for best value, I dont feel the need to overly spend yet I want good results?
Can’t go wrong with the vintage Yamaha YDP2006. It can provide a limited amount of signal boost, although you have to keep in mind that this will come with a noise penalty. The Feedback Destroyer is fine for subwoofer use, but I wouldn’t recommend it for the main channels, and it does no signal boosting aside from what may come with the filters used.

While electronic crossovers typically have provisions for signal boost, you probably would not want to use one unless you intend to utilize its frequency-dividing capabilities. They don’t work well solely as signal boosters because they don’t have full-range outputs.

Regards,
Wayne

|

post #26 of 30 Old 08-17-14, 07:35 PM
Elite Shackster

RTS100x5

A cheaper way to convert the signal is to use something like an outboard equalizer, crossover, etc. Any piece of equipment like that (with balanced ins and outs) will deliver a balanced output with an unbalanced input.

Regards,
Wayne[/QUOTE]

Do you have any suggestions on brands of equalizers, crossovers or like wise? I am looking for best value, I dont feel the need to overly spend yet I want good results? I know this is the impossible dream, so what would give me the best bang for the buck in terms of sound quality.

Please keep in mind the unit should have the capabilities to increase line voltage as well.

Thank you for you help!![/QUOTE]

http://www.parts-express.com/behring...-cros--248-669

Internal switch-mode power supply for flexibility (100 - 240 V) and noise-free audio
Adjustable delays for all inputs/outputs allow correction for arrival time differences
Four different mono and stereo output operating modes
Butterworth, Bessel and Linkwitz-Riley filters with slopes from 6 to 48 dB/octave
Link option via RS-485 network interface enables cascading of several Ultradrive Pros
60 user-defined internal presets storable via PC software or on PCMCIA card
post #27 of 30 Old 10-09-14, 04:58 PM
Senior Shackster

I just came off of a QSC RMX 2450. I'm sending it back, luckily the vendor is being nice so I'm jumping on it. I did use the CleanBox Pro to bump the output up. It simply did not work out. Had sub outs of a Marantz SR-7009 cranked up to 12 which is maxed out, had the cleanbox cranked up to 10 which is maxed out, and unless I was watching Transformers, which could be +10 gain on the amp, I had to crank the gain on the amp up all the way. The fan was horrible, 5 times louder than my new Behringer iNuke. It heated my room if the doors were closed. It made my subs sound mushy to put it lightly.

Upgraded to a new iNuke 6000 and I'm getting huge slam. Very happy with the switch. If anybody's experience sounds anything like what I just typed I would recommend dumping the QSC on eBay and starting over.
post #28 of 30 Old 10-10-14, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Quote:
MetropolisLake wrote: View Post
I just came off of a QSC RMX 2450. I'm sending it back, luckily the vendor is being nice so I'm jumping on it. I did use the CleanBox Pro to bump the output up. It simply did not work out. Had sub outs of a Marantz SR-7009 cranked up to 12 which is maxed out, had the cleanbox cranked up to 10 which is maxed out, and unless I was watching Transformers, which could be +10 gain on the amp, I had to crank the gain on the amp up all the way. The fan was horrible, 5 times louder than my new Behringer iNuke. It heated my room if the doors were closed. It made my subs sound mushy to put it lightly.

Upgraded to a new iNuke 6000 and I'm getting huge slam. Very happy with the switch. If anybody's experience sounds anything like what I just typed I would recommend dumping the QSC on eBay and starting over.
Did you still need to use the clean box pro with the iNuke 6000? I am currently using the the CleanBox Pro with my Behringer EP2500 and I am getting a hummm from it. Not sure if its the amp of the CleanBox Pro.

Please let me know if you needed the CleanBox with the iNuke 6000.

Thank you
post #29 of 30 Old 10-13-14, 10:30 AM
Senior Shackster

Quote:
AutoDelphi wrote: View Post
Did you still need to use the clean box pro with the iNuke 6000? I am currently using the the CleanBox Pro with my Behringer EP2500 and I am getting a hummm from it. Not sure if its the amp of the CleanBox Pro.

Please let me know if you needed the CleanBox with the iNuke 6000.

Thank you
No, I don't need it. Right now I have the subs boosted on the receiver and when it hits the iNuke, turning the gain halfway up is all I need if I have both channels going. Boosting the gain to 3/5 of the way is pretty bass heavy. 3/4 of the way up and I will throw breakers even at low volume on my other speakers. I have not tried it with the sub output turned down on the receiver, but I have yet to meet anybody who says they need one of these things with an iNuke. The 3000 is very popular, and actually a 6000 is just two 3000's in bridge mode, and I haven't heard anybody using a cleanbox and a 3000. Everybody just takes those XLR male to RCA female adapters, which basically just drops the ground, and it plugs right up. I haven't even read the manual or messed with the setup either, might could tweak things there even more.
post #30 of 30 Old 10-13-14, 09:57 PM
Senior Shackster

Those QSC amps should have 1/4 inch inputs as well as the XLR. You will get the best results by using RCA to 1/4 inch cables and avoid the XLR connections.

W o o f e r h o u n d