Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/)
-   Home Theater Receivers | Processors | Amps (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/home-theater-receivers-processors-amps/)
-   -   NAD & Dirac Live (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/home-theater-receivers-processors-amps/169594-nad-dirac-live.html)

Flak 06-28-17 09:10 AM

NAD & Dirac Live

http://pic2.cinemotion.biz/archivos/...t777-v3-ok.jpg

NAD Electronics just announced a strategic partnership with Dirac Research, the partnership will incorporate the Dirac Live room correction solution into upcoming, select products in NAD Electronics’ Masters and Custom Install lines.

“NAD Electronics has pioneered amplifier technology for more than 45 years thanks to its unwavering commitment to innovation,” said Greg Stidsen, Lenbrook’s Director of Technology and Product Planning. “Dirac Research shares this commitment and has established itself as a true pioneer in room correction technology with their Dirac Live solution. This partnership is a natural fit and we look forward to working with Dirac to provide our customers with the best possible home theater experience.”

Dirac Live® is a patented room correction technology that not only corrects the frequency response, but also the impulse response of a room’s loudspeakers. Dirac Live's technology is unique in that it provides true impulse response correction over a large listening area, improving the depth, positioning, and distinction of individual voices and instruments. Using multiple measurements and mixed phase correction, Dirac Live helps audio systems to create a natural, realistic and transparent sound with tighter bass and reduced room modes.

“NAD Electronics’ reputation as a global leader in premium amplifiers is both justified and well-earned – their solutions represent some of the best in the industry,” said Niklas Thorin, Dirac’s General Manager of High Performance. “Yet, regardless of this truth, a room’s natural acoustics create audio abnormalities and sound colorations that even the most high-end home theater set-ups cannot overcome. With the support of Dirac Live, NAD’s newest line-up of amplifiers will be able to treat these acoustical flaws and, as a result, produce an even more refined and perfected hi-fi listening experience.”

:) Flavio

typ44q 06-29-17 09:13 AM

Re: NAD & Dirac Live

Nice to see Dirac in more products but I have a feeling this will be even more out of my price range than the Emotiva offering.

Flak 07-03-17 05:59 AM

typ44q 07-03-17 07:27 AM

Wow that seems very reasonable! Looking forward to seeing it reviewed.

Kal Rubinson 07-03-17 08:42 AM

Hi Flavio-

Can I ask the big question? Does DL precede or follow bass management in the signal path?

Kal

Flak 07-04-17 09:48 AM

Quote:

Kal Rubinson wrote: (Post 1583122)
Hi Flavio-

Can I ask the big question? Does DL precede or follow bass management in the signal path?

Kal

Good question :smile:
but I cannot answer on behalf of NAD...

Flavio

Kal Rubinson 07-04-17 02:54 PM

Quote:

Flak wrote: (Post 1583226)
Good question :smile:
but I cannot answer on behalf of NAD...

Flavio

Thanks for the reply. I am waiting to hear from NAD.

RTS100x5 07-04-17 06:06 PM

Quote:

typ44q wrote: (Post 1582889)
Nice to see Dirac in more products but I have a feeling this will be even more out of my price range than the Emotiva offering.

why not just add the HDMI version of DL to your existing system ?? NANO AVR DL @ $549

https://www.minidsp.com/products/ht-series/nanoavr-dl

Kal Rubinson 07-04-17 07:07 PM

Quote:

RTS100x5 wrote: (Post 1583250)
why not just add the HDMI version of DL to your existing system ?? NANO AVR DL @ $549

Great product but it is limited by the HDMI in/out as to where it can be used.

RTS100x5 07-04-17 07:32 PM

Quote:

Kal Rubinson wrote: (Post 1583266)
Great product but it is limited by the HDMI in/out as to where it can be used.

Easily fixed by putting this 5 port switch in front of it...using the same one in my buddys 15k system ...works like a champ and has discreet codes...

https://www.amazon.com/SDS-Switch-Wi.../dp/B01FXALWYY

Kal Rubinson 07-04-17 09:11 PM

Quote:

RTS100x5 wrote: (Post 1583274)
Easily fixed by putting this 5 port switch in front of it...using the same one in mybuddys 15k system ...works like a champ and has discreet codes...

for HDMI sources only.

RTS100x5 07-04-17 09:34 PM

Quote:

Kal Rubinson wrote: (Post 1583290)
for HDMI sources.

yes he now has 5 sources passing through the NANO AVR DL

typ44q 07-05-17 07:29 AM

Quote:

RTS100x5 wrote: (Post 1583298)

But it is still only HDMI v1.4 so no 4K, HDR, HDCP 2.2 etc

an updated version of that with atmos support would be great

bommai 07-12-17 04:39 PM

Quote:

RTS100x5 wrote: (Post 1583298)

Kal had asked earlier about BM. The miniDSP product does not have bass management at all. Which means, you will have to do it in the receiver/processor. Since the sources are typically connected to the miniDSP product, BM happens after Dirac instead of before (which is what I was told is ideal).

Also the miniDSP product does not have any decoders which means all audio that gets there better be in PCM format.

bommai 07-14-17 10:04 AM

NAD T758 v3 with Dirac Live, Atmos, and 4K for $1200 is out. Dirac Live is a future firmware upgrade though.

nathan_h 09-03-17 01:23 AM

No dts -x support, right?

nathan_h 09-07-17 08:15 PM

And where is it going for $1200? Crutchfield lists $1300.