Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

YukonJack's Killer Theater Rig

Tags
onkyo
4K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Todd Anderson 
#1 ·
Finally got my 2nd sub, wow what a difference using duel subs from one , never thought it would be that big of a difference mostly being in a apartment... so my big question is right now i have the onkyo tx-nr901 I've he'd it since it came out, but now I'm looking at more and the nr901 doesn't have the HDMI , and I was wondering what would be a good receiver that's 5.2 and with HDMI Jacks on it cause now I'm using optical from cable and dvd. So is it worth it to up grade to HDMI , probably so but I really like onkyo so I was trying to look for one between 5-600.00 even know i paid alot more for the one I have it looks like i can get something better for half the price.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Beautiful looking set-up!

As for your question about a decent receiver with HDMI... if you go that route, you'll be able to connect your TV direct to the receiver and manage multiple HDMI inputs... might come in handy.

In that range, pretty much any of the name brand receivers will do the trick...I don't think you could go wrong with the Pioneer VSX-1131....its Class D amp will certainly run cooler than the Class A/B amp on your Onkyo.

#3 ·
I agree with Todd. :)

Great setup. What is the size of the TV? I like the spacing you did. Very clean and very neat. I also like the wall color. :)

Having two subs there will definitely make a big difference! I also have 2 subs and I can feel it. :grin2:

#4 ·
Agree as well, very nice looking room! Do you have a specific need for an HDMI capable AVR? I mean more than convenience. Which is not a bad reason at all.

I could recommend getting acoustical treatments first. I'm betting that would give you a bigger boost in performance that you might appreciate more. Just me thinking out loud again (I see that window & cringe a little). I recommend a stand alone panel at the 1st reflection point there (both sides actually, you can hang it on the wall on the other side. Then proceed from there). Do you have the ability to download REW & measure the room?

#10 ·
Thanks for the info, so now I have another question..... since I was explaining that my receiver doesn't have the HDMI hook ups so I was using optical from my bluray to receiver, is it better to use multiple channel over optical and add the panels rather then buy a new receiver for now?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.