A small home theater - Dorm-style - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 19 Old 01-22-13, 10:26 PM
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System
Re: A small home theater - Dorm-style

Nice use of the space mate - really like all the DIY treatments!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 Old 01-23-13, 05:37 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Quote:
ALMFamily wrote: View Post
Nice use of the space mate - really like all the DIY treatments!
Thank you! They were actually quite easy to make.. I will upload some pics of them being made later
post #13 of 19 Old 01-28-13, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Making of DIY treatments:

They're pretty simple, with a frame sized a little bit smaller than the eco-isolation batts.. The fabric used to cover it, is the cheapest bed-sheet available in IKEA.. I wrapped it around, and nailed it to the frame..

They are excellent.. I noticed a huge diffence, already in the room, where i stored them..

post #14 of 19 Old 01-29-13, 11:08 AM
Elite Shackster

OJ

My System

Nice room Jens, and great DIY treatments. The only suggestion I have is to maybe move the centre channel forward a bit so it won't be reflecting directly off the top of the surface it is on.

Oh, and that was a smart idea to monitor the sub's LED.

- OJ -

post #15 of 19 Old 01-30-13, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Quote:
Owen Bartley wrote: View Post
Nice room Jens, and great DIY treatments. The only suggestion I have is to maybe move the centre channel forward a bit so it won't be reflecting directly off the top of the surface it is on.

Oh, and that was a smart idea to monitor the sub's LED.
I actually haven't thought of the reflecting surface in front of the center channel.. Thank you!

Yea, it's a great idea.. Actually mailed it to SVS about making the LED to an optical out port.. They liked the idea
post #16 of 19 Old 02-03-13, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

After buying new speaker cables, i recalibrated my system, and i lost my >20hz bass.. My response from 16-17 hz(look at the roomresponse at first page), is moved up to 20hz.. What can i do, to get it back? :/
post #17 of 19 Old 02-11-13, 09:04 AM
Shackster

Paul Greenwood

My System

Looks great!
Is it wise to have your kit directly behind the radiator??? Unless you don't have it on?

Bowers and Wilkins, Onkyo, Playstation, Xbox
post #18 of 19 Old 02-12-13, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

I haven't acutally thought of that! I just checked the temperature behind my receiver.. My apartment is small, and therefore easy to heat up - so my radiator is not hot enough to cause problems!

By the way guys, i discovered the problem about my sub 20 Hz frequency response! The only door i have in my room, is to my bathroom - whenever that is just a tiny bit open, it cancels my 16,17,18,19 hz! I closed the door, and rechecked, and my sub 20Hz is now back on track!
I can post pictures of the difference, if you are curious about what such a tiny detail can cause!
post #19 of 19 Old 04-12-14, 03:42 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

I edited the front page with upgrades.. Let me know what you think