My Butt is Sick & Tired!! - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

8Likes

post #21 of 25 Old 02-23-17, 05:36 AM
Elite Shackster

Jack

My System
Re: My Butt is Sick & Tired!!

Quote:
willis7469 wrote: View Post
Those look great Lou! Congrats, and good choice. Btw, don't you have a nice mobile sweet spot? I.E.:cans. I know. No matter how nice the headphones are, it's not the same, but all your work will pay off. Doing good buddy.
I really like this thought as trying to do home theater and stereo in the same room on a budget has become a major issue for me. Hmmmm

Good Listening

Jack

"For those who believe no proof is needed for those who don't believe no proof is possible"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 Old 02-23-17, 07:44 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Lou

My System

Quote:
Those look great Lou! Congrats, and good choice.
Thank euww, thank euww verry much-uh! It was not easy for me. I stressed for days researching choices and narrowing them down. The countdown to trigger-pull was (almost) the worst, as I wondered if some other similar model might be better. But that paled by comparison when the phone rep told me my pick was discontinued. I didn't have a backup! I only had a first choice in two very different quality categories. I was caught unprepared:

"I ran out of gas! I got a flat tire! I didnít have change for cab fare! I lost my tux at the cleaners! I locked my keys in the car! An old friend came in from out of town! Someone stole my car! There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts! IT WASNíT MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!" --Jake Blues

So I was instantly and genuinely relieved when they told me a different company picked up the model. In retrospect, I enjoyed learning and shopping. A new day brings a fresh start and the new perspective that buyer's remorse is not on my radar. And of course there's more learning to come as I live with the seats and find out what's to like/not like.

Quote:
Savjac wrote: View Post
Congrats Lumen, they look great. I too hope to have a nice pair of those one day, until then a big lazy boy will have to do.
And thank you too, Jack! You sound to me as if you're settling. With a La-Z-Boy!? I don't mean to pry, so ignore me if I'm out of line but now I'm curious. Seat back too high? Getting long-in-the-tooth? Just want more of an authentic theater feel?

I try to be as good as my dog thinks I am
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #23 of 25 Old 02-23-17, 08:02 AM
Elite Shackster

Jack

My System

Quote:
Lumen wrote: View Post

And thank you too, Jack! You sound to me as if you're settling. With a La-Z-Boy!? I don't mean to pry, so ignore me if I'm out of line but now I'm curious. Seat back too high? Getting long-in-the-tooth? Just want more of an authentic theater feel?
Yes the seat back is too high and I would like something with an authentic feel. You of course, are spot on. You sat in the big old chair, and I like it because there is room to lounge sideways if i get cramped, its just there is only one and I shant be able to find its exact mate for a double date. Now havin said that, my wife likes to lay on the sleeper sofa and watch movies and we dont really have others over for the big watch so I guess it is not that important.

You single handedly solved my problem. I will purchase some invisible chairs for the invisible guests.
Lumen likes this.

Good Listening

Jack

"For those who believe no proof is needed for those who don't believe no proof is possible"

post #24 of 25 Old 02-23-17, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Lou

My System

Quote:
Btw, don't you have a nice mobile sweet spot? I.E.:cans. I know. No matter how nice the headphones are, it's not the same, but all your work will pay off. Doing good buddy.
My Grado SR60's became lawn fertilizer after my dog ate them

I now have a pair of B&W P5's I got as part of a trade-in deal. They're used with a portable amp/DAC in the office and on-the-go . They're well-balanced, have deep bass, and are extremely comfortable for hours on end. But they're not accurate enough for my recording needs, because I feel they're voiced far to the warm side of neutral. I don't use them for casual listening, but have toyed with the idea of getting a set for serious listening. I've had my eye on the Sennheiser HD800 for a while now, but a man's gotsa eat sometimes!

post #25 of 25 Old 02-23-17, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Lou

My System

Quote:
...we dont really have others over for the big watch so I guess it is not that important.
Thanks for sharing and welcome to my boat!

Quote:
You single handedly solved my problem. I will purchase some invisible chairs for the invisible guests.