Bass Shakers! - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 23 Old 01-28-14, 12:40 AM
Senior Shackster

Quote:
jefferytammy wrote: View Post
Hey that raises another question. Because I have a 10" and 15" sub. Will this cause a confliction. Should I not mix subwoofer sizes. The 15" is what I upgraded to and I figured that the 10 shouldnt just sit around
Also using your 10" will only hurt the performance of your 15", due to the fact that you'll have to regulate it's ability so you don't blow your 10" up. If you use just the 15" you'll definitely see the benefits of your upgrade, because you'll be able to use it to it's full potential.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 Old 01-28-14, 09:06 AM
Shackster

Re: Bass Shakers!

I bought myself a Buttkicker kit for Christmas, (Buttkicker LFE + BK1000 amp.)

I did an awful lot of research before buying and decided that people who thought they were a gimmick were listening to Buttkickers that were not set up correctly.

The secret is the same as with subwoofers, Less is more.

Just as a subwoofer should complement the main speakers, a tactile transducer should compliment the subwoofer. If they are turned up too much they intrude and are really annoying.

My tips from all the reading and my own experience.

1) If possible bolt the Buttkicker directly to the seating.

2) Do not under estimate the function of the supplied isolators. They act like a suspension system allowing the seating to move very slightly in response to the vibrations from the Buttkicker.

3) Most important is getting the volume right. Too low and you will feel nothing (pretty obvious). Too high and the vibrations do not fit in with what is happening onscreen and with the sub. It can feel like a huge elastic band stretched across the bottom of the seat that someone twangs when they feel fit or being in the cinema with that bored kid continually kicking the back of the seat.
post #13 of 23 Old 01-28-14, 09:25 AM
Elite Shackster

Andre

My System

Quote:
jefferytammy wrote: View Post
Hey that raises another question. Because I have a 10" and 15" sub. Will this cause a confliction. Should I not mix subwoofer sizes. The 15" is what I upgraded to and I figured that the 10 shouldnt just sit around
Depending on the connections in the back of the 10 I would wire it to be used as a bass enhancer for the main speakers. To do this you would send the main speaker wires to the subs high level inputs then out from the sub to the mains, you may want to move this sub to a spot inbetween the two mains if possible. After doing this you would change the setting on you AVR to view the main speakers as Large. The 15 would be wired as a sub using the LFE output.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #14 of 23 Old 03-23-14, 12:55 PM
Shackster

I'm using Buttkicker advanced, BK4-4 and (2) BKA-1000-N to power all of my chairs. The trick is to have them turned down so you have a settle experience that is not overwhelming. I've had gests over an didn't saying anything and initially they thought the bass from my audio system was shaking the entire HT. I like the addition to the home theater experience and had many compliments which including having them as part of the HT.
post #15 of 23 Old 06-29-14, 07:47 PM
Senior Shackster

Joe

Hi I'm a newbie with the Aura shakers. I bought a pair of AuraSound AST-2B-4 off craigslist and hooked it up to a 50 watt parasound amp to a Onkyo 708 pre-out sub connection and I am barely getting any shaking lol. I'm I doing something wrong? Maybe I should get the Dayton Audio SA70? Please help I'm frustrated.
post #16 of 23 Old 06-30-14, 08:30 AM
Shackster

I know nothing about Parasound amps but a quick Google and the ones I can find are all power amps. Ideally you need an amp with its own volume/level control so you can set the level separately from the main amp. Think subwoofer here, they have their own level controls. Once the level has been set correctly or to taste to match what is happening from the speakers there will be no need to touch it again and the overall volume for everything is controlled via the main amp.
post #17 of 23 Old 06-30-14, 05:16 PM
Senior Shackster

Joe

Quote:
Dolus wrote: View Post
I know nothing about Parasound amps but a quick Google and the ones I can find are all power amps. Ideally you need an amp with its own volume/level control so you can set the level separately from the main amp. Think subwoofer here, they have their own level controls. Once the level has been set correctly or to taste to match what is happening from the speakers there will be no need to touch it again and the overall volume for everything is controlled via the main amp.
Thanks for the reply Dolus. I found out it was the sub vol on the Onkyo(raised it to 0db), so now it's evened out with my SVS sub. Now imma rockin'. I also ordered a splitter as well, so only 1 is hooked up right now.
post #18 of 23 Old 07-01-14, 03:01 AM
Shackster

Glad you got it fixed, simple an inexpensive too.
post #19 of 23 Old 08-16-14, 09:06 AM
Shackster

Daddieo

My System

I just installed 2 Aura AST-2B-4 shakers onto my 2 main seats. With the advent of 4DX movie theaters and HT owners wanting to recreate the best experience possible; Why the Hell Not!?! Talk about immersive, watching a movie in 3-D you really feel as though you are right there. One of the biggest advantages I have noticed is that you can turn down the sub's, when others might be sleeping, and still get that teeth rattling feeling during the explosive action scenes. Now if I can only figure out how to get the other effects like Smell-O-Vision to work!
post #20 of 23 Old 09-19-14, 12:42 PM
Elite Shackster

OJ

My System

Jeffery, I'm sorry I didn't see this thread to chime in. I have said it elsewhere on the site, but I love my Buttkickers! I have a pair of the original, big LFEs with the BKA-1000 amp. One on each couch and it is more than enough. I keep them turned down fairly low, so it just adds a subtle effect until something BIG happens, and then they give you a good shake.

The main thing about these is they aren't one-note wonders. The vibration modulates with the frequency of the signal so it feels more natural than an on/off type effect (think cell phone vibrate setting).

I turn them on for big action movies, and usually leave them off for regular TV/comedy type stuff.

- OJ -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.