Poll: Best way to spend $1500 - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

View Poll Results: Best way to spend $1500
OPTION 1: Pioneer SP-FS52: Pioneer SP-C22: Pioneer SP-BS22-LR: HSU VTF-2 MK4: Denon 1912 4 36.36%
OPTION 2: Ascend CBM-170: Ascend CBM-170: Ascend HTM-200: HSU STF-2 or Klipsch RW-12d: Denon 1912 1 9.09%
OPTION 3: Klipsch B-20: Klipsch C-20: Klipsch B-20: Klipsch RW-12d: Denon 1712 2 18.18%
OPTION 4: Infinity Primus P163: Infinity Primus PC351: Infinity Primus P163: HSU VTF-2 MK4: Denon 1912 1 9.09%
OPTION 5: HTD Level THREE: HTD Level THREE: HTD Level TWO: HSU VTF-2 MK4: Denon 1612 3 27.27%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

post #21 of 22 Old 10-25-12, 08:09 AM
Senior Shackster

Mark Henninger

My System
Re: Poll: Best way to spend $1500

In my personal experience, the Andrew Jones Pioneer speakers will keep up with just about any subwoofer, so long as they are also getting enough power. Feeding the Pioneer bookshelf units with a 275 watts/channel Crown XTi-1000 did the trick, there was more than enough headroom to keep up with my four 12" subs, powered by over 2,000 watts. The coolest thing is how flat the AJ Pioneers are, my REW graphs looked like they were drawn with a ruler (well, almost).

The Pioneer subs look like the weak link in that system, the HSU sub is the right choice there.

Quote:
yonith wrote: View Post
Didn't make much since to me since it would be adjusted to my setup... Also, although two subs would even out where the bass is coming from, they sure as hell aren't gonna go all the way down to 18hz. He said that since I'm in an apartment, I wouldn't be able to really use it anyway. I'm not so sure since our top and bottom floor have a layer of concrete between them. Also, I would prob get an isolation mat. Definitely still want the hsu...

Last edited by Dub King; 10-25-12 at 08:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 22 Old 10-25-12, 05:04 PM
Senior Shackster

Yoda

My System
Re: Poll: Best way to spend $1500

Quote:
yonith wrote: View Post
Prob going with this:

front: Pioneer SP-FS52 (x2)--
center: Pioneer SP-C22------$399 shipped TigerDirect
rear: Pioneer SP-BS22-LR----
sub: HSU VTF-2 MK4 $612 shipped
receiver: Denon 2113CI $411 shipped A4L
Total = $1422
that's going to be a sweet system. Nice choices. I have that receiver and it's been flawless.

Let us know your impressions.

cheers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.