There's that guy again! B&K vs. Emotiva??? - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 16 Old 07-26-13, 10:46 PM
Banned!

Talking Re: There's that guy again! B&K vs. Emotiva???

Quote:
Peter Loeser wrote: View Post
If I go back to analog 2-channel it will be McIntosh, Parasound, or B&K. I'm not bashing Emotiva, they make excellent gear at a good price, and it's nice to look at.
excuses me but when did you leave analog???? because i have never heard a digital 1011100111

make a sound yet its all converted to analog my friend..

sure if you like to spend lots of money to impressive your friends buy the names but they wont beat
the xsp 1 which is emotiva's deal of a lifetime at 769.00usd

all sound is analog

cheers..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 Old 07-26-13, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

REP

Thumbs up Re: There's that guy again! B&K vs. Emotiva???

Quote:
Peter Loeser wrote: View Post
The B&K will be more than capable of powering your B&Ws to reference levels (see here: http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...-not-clip.html)

DeltaDube - have you actually heard any of the B&K amps? What is the basis of your comparison - specs alone?

rpearson - The XPA-2 and XPA-1 go far beyond the needs of the B&W 805. But if you want to go overkill, or if you are just curious to try them, there is certainly no harm in that. The only thing you will gain is the ability to drive them farther beyond their power handling capability (and beyond the pain threshold of your ears).
Well just in case your wondering if Iv'e been listing; I just took the bid on a like new XPA-2. Could not find any mono blocks that were for sale save the new ones on Emotiva's site. Hopefully the guy I bought it from will understand the joy of a new toy and have it headed my way tomorrow. Unlikely I know but I can dream can't I. LOL Sorry about the over load of face things but I like these guys. LOL

I should say that I am not much of one to go to ear bleed levels but I certainly like to feel my theater on a good action of sifi. Oh and don't think that you have me off your back with this. Now comes the ten thousand configuration questions etc...LOL

Last edited by rpearson; 07-27-13 at 07:54 AM.
post #13 of 16 Old 07-26-13, 11:51 PM
Banned!

Re: There's that guy again! B&K vs. Emotiva???

Quote:
rpearson wrote: View Post
Well just in case your wondering if Iv'e been listing; I just took the bid on a like new XPA-2. Could not find any mono blocks that were for sale save the new ones on Emotiva's site. Hopefully the guy I bought it from will understand the joy of a new toy and have it headed my way tomorrow. Unlikely I know but I can dream can't I. LOL Sorry about the over load of face things but I like these guys. LOL

I should say that I am not much of one to go to ear bleed levels but I certainly like to feel my theater on a good action of sifi. Oh and don't think that you have me off your back with this. Now come the ten thousand configuration questions etc...LOL
are you saying you bought a used xpa 2.. make sure you get the warranty transferred over for the full
5yrs...

congrats

post #14 of 16 Old 07-27-13, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

REP

Quote:
DeltaDube wrote: View Post
are you saying you bought a used xpa 2.. make sure you get the warranty transferred over for the full
5yrs...

congrats
Yes I did but I think I may have paid a little much but I haven't seen a lot of the Emotiva stuff that's not fetching good pricing at resale. The guy I bought it from I think must be an enthusiast as he gave me the choice from two custom power cords and non of the stranded accessories have been opened. He states that the amp was bought in Jan. of 2012 and that it has always been fan cooled. This leads me to another question. Does he mean he added a fan or that a fan comes with it and it has all ways been ran? What would one need to know about the process of warranty transfer?

Last edited by rpearson; 07-27-13 at 11:19 AM.
post #15 of 16 Old 07-27-13, 11:19 AM
Banned!

Quote:
rpearson wrote: View Post
Yes I did but I think I may have paid a little much but I haven't seen a lot of the Emotiva stuff that's not fetching good pricing at resale. The guy I bought it from I think must be an enthusiast as he gave me the choice from two custom power cords and non of the stranded accessories have been opened. He states that the amp was bought in Jan. of 2012 and that it has always been fan cooled. This leads me two another question. Does he mean he added a fan or that a fan comes with it and it has all ways been ran? What would one need to know about the process of warranty transfer?
call emo for warranty info..

fan would be on his rack.. not in the xpa 2...

the xpa 2 does not get hot maybe if you push 100 db warm it up... after a while..

when i push my xpa 1s they get warm.. nice on a cold winter night...

i have 2 inches of space left , right and top sides around my amps no fans requiered..

cheers
post #16 of 16 Old 07-28-13, 12:05 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

REP

Quote:
DeltaDube wrote: View Post
call emo for warranty info..

fan would be on his rack.. not in the xpa 2...

the xpa 2 does not get hot maybe if you push 100 db warm it up... after a while..

when i push my xpa 1s they get warm.. nice on a cold winter night...

i have 2 inches of space left , right and top sides around my amps no fans requiered..

cheers
Thanks for the info.