Jamestown Home Theater Screen review - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #21 of 52 Old 04-13-11, 03:58 PM
Shackster
War Eagle!!!

Re: Jamestown Home Theater Screen review

Quote:
johnr wrote: View Post
Thanks to those that responded. I am in a light controlled room with black/really dark surfaces. Decisions, decisions!
If that is the case then I would go for the jamestown grey, it's really light but slightly darker than the white..I'll try to get some pics up tonight...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 52 Old 04-14-11, 07:19 AM
Shackster
War Eagle!!!

So I'm still working on best way to do pics, these are still darker then on the screen but thought I would throw them out there:

This is from the TRON Bluray, 106" 16:9 jamestown HC grey screen, like I said the image is much brighter in person still need to figure out how to adjust my pics...Mits HC4000 not calibrated yet
post #23 of 52 Old 07-16-11, 06:28 PM
Senior Shackster

Brad

My System

Quote:
fitzwaddle wrote: View Post
Hmm, if one could get him to put two cross members a bit further apart instead of one in the center, and replace the screen material with Seymour CenterStage XD...

At the prices he's asking for the screen kit, its about the same cost as just the aluminum T-slot frame materials for a screen that size...and turnkey.

Thanks for the review Tony, sounds like a nice option.
I went ahead and implemented the option I mentioned above: Jamestown frame + Seymour A/V CenterStage XD acoustically transparent DIY material - works great! 136" wide, 64" high, "CIA" aspect ratio more or less; JVC RS-20 projector.

Here's a few pics, check my build thread for more details / screen shots:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

XBox Live ID: Atomic Hamper

post #24 of 52 Old 11-01-12, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Tony

My System

Just a quick update, its been about 8 months and I am still very happy with this screen. It has not sagged or stretched in any way and the image quality is very good as far as I can tell.
I would still recommend this screen for anyone on a budget that does not want to take on the painting options that we promote here at the Shack

Home theater:
Onkyo 805, Yamaha YDP2006EQ, Samson Servo 600 amp
3 EV Sentry 500 monitors across the front, 4 Mission 762i's Surrounds, SVS PB13U sub, Panasonic BDT220, Harmony 1100, Nintendo WiiU
Panasonic PT-AE8000 on a 120" 2,35:1 fixed screen

Living room system:
Sherwood/Newcastle R972, Mission 765's, SVS SBS02's, A/D/S MS3u sub, Yamaha YDG2030EQ
Yamaha KX-393 Tape deck, CDC 805 CD changer, Panasonic BD60, Sony turntable PS-T20
Panasonic TC-P50ST60, HD-PVR & WDTV Live, Harmony 900

post #25 of 52 Old 11-01-12, 10:24 PM
Senior Shackster

Mike

Thanks Tony for the update. I am actually debating between the Jamestown or Visual Apex (white) screen.

You got any input on the VA fixed screens to make my decision easier?
post #26 of 52 Old 11-01-12, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Tony

My System

I have not seen the VA in action so I cant really give an opinion. Sorry

Home theater:
Onkyo 805, Yamaha YDP2006EQ, Samson Servo 600 amp
3 EV Sentry 500 monitors across the front, 4 Mission 762i's Surrounds, SVS PB13U sub, Panasonic BDT220, Harmony 1100, Nintendo WiiU
Panasonic PT-AE8000 on a 120" 2,35:1 fixed screen

Living room system:
Sherwood/Newcastle R972, Mission 765's, SVS SBS02's, A/D/S MS3u sub, Yamaha YDG2030EQ
Yamaha KX-393 Tape deck, CDC 805 CD changer, Panasonic BD60, Sony turntable PS-T20
Panasonic TC-P50ST60, HD-PVR & WDTV Live, Harmony 900

post #27 of 52 Old 11-01-12, 10:52 PM
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

I have not owned either - but I seem to recall a thread recently where someone got the VA screen..... try a search Mike and it should turn it up. Otherwise, I can dig back through my subscribed threads to see if I can remember who that person was.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #28 of 52 Old 11-03-12, 01:20 AM

Ron

My System

My Fiance purchased the Jamestown 134" for me in August of 2011 and I am very happy with it. The only thing is I wish I would have went bigger!

My Home Living room Theater
Samsung 65" FP, Yamaha CX-A5100, Xilica XP4080, (5) JBL 8340As, PS3, XBox One, (1) Asus mini pc, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, Darbee Darcet, Oppo UDP-203, and a Project RPM 1.5 Carbon turntable..
post #29 of 52 Old 11-03-12, 08:49 AM
Shackster
johnr

I have been enjoying my Jamestown screen as well. I didn't do a good job of getting the bottom pieces aligned/straight so need to dismantle and do it again. I expect that is due to user error on my part.
post #30 of 52 Old 01-07-13, 11:32 AM
Blu
Shackster
BB

is there any pro's or con's with picking the white or the gray screen and why

thanks
guys..