Picking a screen on Amazon - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 16 Old 08-08-13, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Picking a screen on Amazon

I'm looking for a fixed frame 106" and was browsing around online and saw a Silver Ticket 106" for $235. It claims to be easy to install and it looks similar to other fixed frames I've seen online. Does anyone else know about this brand (Silver Ticket)? I couldn't find much about them and didn't see any thing on this forum posted about if they were good or not.

Thanks

Last edited by frankadams49; 08-08-13 at 02:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 08-08-13, 06:21 PM
Elite Shackster

Ron

My System
Re: Picking a screen on Amazon

Have you checked out Jamestown screens? You can get a 110" for $219 and he will do custom too. The only problem is the wait time to get it. I have a 134" screen from them and I really like it.

My Home Living room Theater
Samsung 65" FP, Yamaha CX-A5100, Xilica XP4080, (4) Klipsch RP160MS, (4) JBL 8340As, (2) Yamaha P2500s amps, PS3, XBox One, (1) Asus mini pc, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, Darbee Darcet, and a Project RPM 1.5 Carbon turntable..
post #3 of 16 Old 08-08-13, 06:36 PM
Elite Shackster
doug

My System

I also looked into budget screens for my HT, and Jamestown is what I decided on. I have not ordered it yet, but they have pretty good reviews aside from the long wait to get it and some say that they have to re-stretch after some time. I'm OK with that personally to save some cash. I'm actually pretty happy with the painted sheet of drywall that I currently use: $9

post #4 of 16 Old 08-08-13, 06:51 PM
Elite Shackster

Ron

My System

Quote:
dougc wrote: View Post
I also looked into budget screens for my HT, and Jamestown is what I decided on. I have not ordered it yet, but they have pretty good reviews aside from the long wait to get it and some say that they have to re-stretch after some time. I'm OK with that personally to save some cash. I'm actually pretty happy with the painted sheet of drywall that I currently use: $9
I've had mine up for 2 years now... No restretching needed so far. I plan on keeping it till I go to a 150" AT screen. You can't beat paint for the money!

My Home Living room Theater
Samsung 65" FP, Yamaha CX-A5100, Xilica XP4080, (4) Klipsch RP160MS, (4) JBL 8340As, (2) Yamaha P2500s amps, PS3, XBox One, (1) Asus mini pc, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, Darbee Darcet, and a Project RPM 1.5 Carbon turntable..
post #5 of 16 Old 08-09-13, 10:45 AM
Banned!
Steve Mechelke -mech

My System

I have never heard of Silver Ticket. Some of these Amazon/eBay companies are basically 'fly by night' so I'd be very wary of buying anything other than a known brand. For $40 more you can get a known entity - a 106" Elite.
post #6 of 16 Old 08-09-13, 01:03 PM
Senior Shackster

Wryker

I've never heard of Jamestown but I'll look them up for my next screen! A few years ago I bought a Sony pj and a 73" Mitsy DLP. The DLP had 3B but my Sony pj didnt' so I needed a motorized screen to go up and down when needed. A year later I've sold the MItsy, sold the Sony PJ and bought the Sony HW30 which has 3D. I also needed a custom length to ensure it would drop down low enough. I went with Da-Lite from The Final Click. It cost close to $800 but it works great (106" screen). Now that I don't have the DLP I could get a larger screen and mount it to the wall. I figured it'd be very expensive so I haven't explored it but now I'll check out Jamestown!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #7 of 16 Old 08-13-13, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Thanks for all the advice! I was a little impatient so I didn't really want to wait for a Jamestown screen, and since I have amazon prime I get fast, free shipping if I order there. So I did some more looking on silver ticket and ended up finding a video that showed how to put it together. I got ordered it and got it yesterday and it was easy to put together and looks great!
post #8 of 16 Old 08-13-13, 02:31 PM
Senior Shackster

Wryker

Which screen did you end up getting?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #9 of 16 Old 08-13-13, 02:52 PM
Banned!
Steve Mechelke -mech

My System

Quote:
WRYKER wrote: View Post
Which screen did you end up getting?
He picked up a screen called Silver Ticket off of Amazon.
post #10 of 16 Old 09-25-13, 09:49 AM
Senior Shackster

I have been thinking of getting a fixed screen also.

I started off with a cheap pull down screen but it was very wavy.

I currently have a painted drywall screen, but the drywall is not all that smooth. From 10 feet away it looks fine, any closer and I can see issues.

I too am looking to spend around $200 or so, may check out the silver ticket.