Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/)
-   Manufactured Screens (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/manufactured-screens/)
-   -   Jamestown Screen delivery times? 6 weeks and still no screen (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/manufactured-screens/116890-jamestown-screen-delivery-times-6-weeks-still-no-screen.html)

Talley 03-24-15 03:33 PM

Jamestown Screen delivery times? 6 weeks and still no screen

I've only called twice one was at the 4 week mark and the other was yesterday. First time some ice storm came through and yesterday he had some personal matters come up and was not in the office but told me to send an email which I did today.

So I ordered on Feb 10th. Today is 6weeks starting the 7th...

no screen.

ugh.

:paddle:

Talley 03-24-15 03:35 PM

Re: Jamestown Screen delivery times? 6 weeks and still no screen

I think I'm just gonna cancel it. I called them originally before I ordered and he told me 15 days to complete order.

ya... screw it. bye bye.

willis7469 03-24-15 03:38 PM

I think I would too. I never like being that guy but c'mon. Enuff Z Nuff.

tonyvdb 03-24-15 04:05 PM

Hmmm, thats odd. He is a bit slow on orders normally but this does seem a bit over long.
His screens are good (I have one and its been 4 years now and no issues).

jamesfrazier 03-24-15 05:55 PM

Quote:

Talley wrote: (Post 1148178)
I've only called twice one was at the 4 week mark and the other was yesterday. First time some ice storm came through and yesterday he had some personal matters come up and was not in the office but told me to send an email which I did today. So I ordered on Feb 10th. Today is 6weeks starting the 7th... no screen. ugh. :paddle:

Yeah I would too. Lead times don't bother me if I have full contact to the provider, and updates on my product; otherwise.. No sir.

ellisr63 03-24-15 06:55 PM

When we ordered our 134" from Jamestown it took 3 months when he said it would be 2 weeks. When we ordered our SeymourAV they were out of material, and I was told about 2 weeks... We had it in 2 weeks.

Talley 03-24-15 07:34 PM

well I have been painting the entire house so I've been busy and not necessarily in the caring mood if it took awhile. I was expecting 3-6 weeks based on what I've read. I'm at the point where I'm ready to paint my theater walls on April 4th and I want the screen then too. I haven't heard anything from them since I contacted them this morning but will wait to see what they say. If they cannot get me shipping information by the end of this week then I'll cancel.

I'll just dish out the funds for something better. It is what it is. After April 4th... I want a screen period.

ellisr63 03-24-15 07:56 PM

Quote:

Talley wrote: (Post 1148650)
well I have been painting the entire house so I've been busy and not necessarily in the caring mood if it took awhile. I was expecting 3-6 weeks based on what I've read. I'm at the point where I'm ready to paint my theater walls on April 4th and I want the screen then too. I haven't heard anything from them since I contacted them this morning but will wait to see what they say. If they cannot get me shipping information by the end of this week then I'll cancel.

I'll just dish out the funds for something better. It is what it is. After April 4th... I want a screen period.

Call SeymourAv and ask them how long it would take... Their prices are about the same, but they ship much faster,. :T

Talley 03-24-15 08:03 PM

Quote:

ellisr63 wrote: (Post 1148682)
Call SeymourAv and ask them how long it would take... Their prices are about the same, but they ship much faster,. :T

How do you figure that? I paid $340 for a 135" screen shipped from Jamestown.

SeymourAV is around 1200. 4x as much.

Granted they probably can have it to my door within a week.

Talley 03-24-15 08:07 PM

My next cheapest alternative is the elite screen for 460 shipped: http://www.projectorscreenstore.com/...WH2-76148.html

why cheap?... better than painted texture wall.... and I'd rather dump my money on audio/room acoustics right now than a screen.

I'll move to 4K and when I do thats when the 3k dollar screen gets purchased. Till then the cheapo benQ and cheap screen will do me fine.

...and I won't buy 4K until a projector come available under 3k so I have a few years for that lol