Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/)
-   Manufactured Screens (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/manufactured-screens/)
-   -   Jamestown curved screen (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/manufactured-screens/73978-jamestown-curved-screen.html)

showcattleguy 03-21-14 02:12 PM

Jamestown curved screen

I ordered one this morning! 105" wide 2.35 acoustically transparent. I was told 4 weeks and I will have it. I will share my impressions since it was this forum that led me to Jamestown

ellisr63 03-22-14 11:34 AM

Re: Jamestown curved screen

Waiting to see what your review of it is... :T

john.t.keller 03-22-14 02:48 PM

Very interested. I have a Stewart curved transparent screen speed for my new cave. Please follow up.

showcattleguy 05-31-14 09:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I received the screen yesterday but am still waiting on another part from FedEx which should be here 4pm today!
Very well packaged. I will post more pictures of everything unboxed and as I put it together once I receive the rest of the pieces. It will probably be slow going as our first was born on Sunday so lots of distractions.

Attachment 54426

cellarnoise 06-11-14 11:03 PM

Would love to see this also!

showcattleguy 06-12-14 06:39 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Got it all put together. It was really easy the frame came in 6 pieces and the fabric was obviously cut and grommeted. The hardest part (read still not very difficult) was getting an even tension across the screen surface. The fastening system is really ingenious - its zip ties and spacers. The whole thing weighs about 70 lbs and is a 105 inch wide 2.35. The only complaint I have if you can call it that is the curve was slightly more pronounced then I thought it would be so I have to redo my front false wall to make everything look pretty. I will also post pictures once I get it up and on the wall.

Attachment 56010

Attachment 56018

Attachment 56026

Attachment 56034

ellisr63 06-12-14 06:43 PM

Looks great! Are you using an anamorphic lens with it too? Have you tried watching a movie with it yet... How does it look?:T

showcattleguy 06-12-14 06:54 PM

I will be using an anamorphic lens from XEIT their Crystalmorphic 5E. I have not watched anything as my projector, lens, and slide are in Madison WI and I have not been able to make it up there between work and the new baby girl. I will post some screenshots and impressions when I get everything set up - hopefully next week.

ellisr63 06-12-14 07:19 PM

Quote:

showcattleguy wrote: (Post 792562)
I will be using an anamorphic lens from XEIT their Crystalmorphic 5E. I have not watched anything as my projector, lens, and slide are in Madison WI and I have not been able to make it up there between work and the new baby girl. I will post some screenshots and impressions when I get everything set up - hopefully next week.

:T:T

Greenster 06-12-14 07:56 PM

Nice. I am still debating on a flat or curved screen. You might help me change my mind. Thanks...