Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com - View Profile: nathangilley

About Me

• About nathangilley
    Other Referral Source
    stereophile's music in the round
    Name
    nathan
    Interests | Hobbies
    Engineering Physics Student
    ASE certified mechanic
    Occupation
    Theoretical Physics Researcher
    Main Home Audio/Video System Equipment List
    Processor - Yamaha RX-V1600 / Pioneer Elite VSX-47TX (until I can score an Integra Research RDC-7.1 and Integra DTC-9.8)
    AMP - ADA PTM-6150
    EQ - (2) Rane 44thx (gives me four parametric bands for sub with one room mode and its harmonic)
    Speaker Cable - 12 AWG w/ banana terminals
    L/C/R's - M&K S-5000thx
    Surrounds - M&K SS-500thx dipoles
    Subwoofers - (2) M&K V-1250thx 12"
    Projector - Infocus SP4805 (Bad SDE, but contrast still competitive with current 1080 mid-lower end pj's)
    Display - Panasonic TH-50PX80U
    Screen - Black-Out Curtain
    Blu-Ray - BD-P1400
    HD-DVD - HD-A2
    SACD - Sony SCDCE595
    DVD-A - Panasonic DVD-F87S
    Game system - X-box
    DTV/HDTV tuner - Samsung DTBH260F
    Interconnect - Python RCA cables
    HDMI - GE 1.3 simplay

(All of system was bought used from pawn/ebay/coworkers for under $4000...funny how the budget seems to keep growing, and growing,and.. )

Room is L-shaped (Inverse L shaped when oriented toward screen), but equivalent in volume to 16' by 20', with 8.5' ceiling. Most prominant room mode at 31 Hz (up 7.5 dB before eq), and it's first harmonic (62 Hz +5 dB before EQ)

Distance from L/C/R arc to "money" seat is about 2 meters, distance to dipoles (like it matters) is 1.5 meters. The seat is half way between the two sidewalls (where surrounds are mounted), and close to 1/3 the total length from the back wall, so the fronts are well away from the wall.
    Other System
    After I was bitten by the M&K bug, I heard a pair of Yamaha NS-1000's that blew my mind, so I sold my former former klipsch/yamaha system (RF-15 mains, RC-3 II center, RS-3 II surrounds, SS-1 rear surrounds, Yamaha sub) on craigslist and scored a dinged up (they have "character"), but beautiful sounding NS-1000m's and a Yamaha mx-800 amp (still using the 47tx as a pre-amp).
    The Whatever Box
    The wife wants the listening room, err...."living room" to be more streamlined;classier. Oh well, give her a pink themed kitchen and call it even.

Statistics

Total Posts
General Information
  • Last Activity: 07-30-10 01:40 PM
  • Referrals: 0

Mentions

No results to display...

Quotes

No results to display...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome