Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com - View Profile: TypeA

Inactive

About Me

• About TypeA
    Name
    Ty
    Biography
    Originally from Ca but grew up mostly on a farm in Ak. Served as a Naval Aviator from 1990-1995 as an Electronics Warfare Operator aboard P3 Orions and as a utility crewman aboard H2 Seasprites. After a couple of years in college I secured employment in a completely different field from my area of study, Ive worked in the Aerospace industry for the last 10 years, not counting 5 years in the military. I have one child, a 13 year old boy. Married once, currently engaged to a childhood friend Ive known since she was 5. Im a perfectionist by nature. Im agnostic yet fiercely loyal to the Golden Rule.
    Interests | Hobbies
    Aerospace, Astronomy, classic cars, technology in general.
    Occupation
    Defense Contractor for the United States Air Force
    Main Home Audio/Video System Equipment List
    Info not contained in my signature...

I use the Onkyo 3007 as a video source for a zone 2 projector, a mitsubishi hc3000. Because the room isnt deep enough it throws about a 80" image onto a 106" grey wolf screen. Audio in this room is a pair of wall mounted Infinity P162s (modified). I also have a pair of Infinity P362s (modified), so all three zones are used on the onkyo; 7.2 zone 1, and 2.0 in both zones 2 and 3. I use a sanyo blu ray player for netflix and pandora services in all 3 zones. I have a Next Generation Remote Control Extender for IR remote control services in zone 1 and zone 3 (since all my gear is in zone 2). I have a 8.5" artec t28a 7.5" lcd display in zone 2 for video support (so i dont have to fire up the projector just to have video support) and a audiovox 9" lcd display for video support in zone 1, again, to avoid using the projector just to listen to music. No video support in zone 3 at this time.

I have a mobile home theater/gaming rig that can be set up and used anywhere there is power and a flat surface to cast an image. The kit includes a standard carry-on piece of luggage that will hold my mits hc3000 projector, Bose powered multi-media computer speakers, a xbox 360, and room for several games and multiple xbox controllers.
    Other System
    I use a Dell Studio 17" laptop that I upgraded myself to a ocz 30gig solid state drive. I use a verizon htc eris phone for remote internet access while away from home, 3G service allows me to stream my comcast cable dvr using a sling box hd, I average 400k per second during use(which is plenty watchable). For audio from the laptop I use a fiio e7 portable DSP and a e9 headphone amp to drive a pair of sennheiser hd650 headphones and feed them pandora or sling box from my laptop usb. My htpc is a gateway 901x media center, pent 4 3ghz and upgraded to a nvidia 6600gt gpu, dvi out on the card interfaces good with the hdmi in on the onkyo receiver.
    The Whatever Box
    There is a moment that you realize there are actually empty spaces between the instruments, and that every single instrument occupies its own individual distinct space. This moment indicates that you, sir, have arrived.

Statistics

Total Posts
General Information
  • Last Activity: 11-24-12 05:44 PM
  • Referrals: 1

Mentions

No results to display...

Quotes

No results to display...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome