Passive car eq - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 24 Old 03-03-14, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Passive car eq

K I have a 93 t bird kenwood head unit cd with hd radio pioneer 5x8 front and rear 12 sq hifonics sub fosgate 4-400 running speakers mono block running sub Iam wanting to add half din clarion passive 7 band eq any advice? Thanks al
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 03-31-14, 09:11 PM
Shackster

Re: Passive car eq

Just like any other component if you misuse it or don't know how to adjust it it will become a headache. With a little practice and some patience it will be a great addition. One thing I would look into is if your radio doens't offer the same feature. Some of the upper end Kenwood units will have a multi band EQ built in. One last thing that you didn't mention is whether or not you have additional amps to power the speakers. Most 1/2 din EQ's and trunk mount EQ's will be set up to manipulate a low level signal and will not have any effect on the speakers driven off the radio.
post #3 of 24 Old 04-02-14, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Yes ma'am running four channel amp off my kenwood

post #4 of 24 Old 04-02-14, 03:24 PM
Elite Shackster

Andre

My System

In my humble opinion, a properly installed system (speakers in the right places, aimed. Installer RTA'd the system and adjusted gains and crossover points) you shouldn't need to every need equalization.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #5 of 24 Old 04-02-14, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Quote:
Andre wrote: View Post
In my humble opinion, a properly installed system (speakers in the right places, aimed. Installer RTA'd the system and adjusted gains and crossover points) you shouldn't need to every need equalization.
ok well Iam dealing with fords small speakers aka 5x7 front and rear so a sub is almost a must and I believe in my thoughts it will b worth te trouble I was just wondering what the experts on this site felt like
post #6 of 24 Old 04-02-14, 04:04 PM
Elite Shackster

Andre

My System

Ah. Well if you plan on replacing the four full range speakers in the future and want some adjustment then I would probably buy the Audio Control Three.2. However if you just want the tailor the subs volume with the stock speakers then the Audio Control Epicenter with the dashmount rotory control would help find that happy medium while giving you the ablity to crank the sub for those certain songs and vice versa for the mellow stuff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #7 of 24 Old 04-02-14, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

The head unit has a adjustment for that Iam
Looking at a clarion 7 band passive eg as I just
Came
Into some infinity coaxial speakers so between the both I think it will sound a lot better money is a issue and the clarion will fit in the half
Din opening that I have above the head unit if u no of one better thwn that under a 100 dollars let
Me
No
post #8 of 24 Old 04-02-14, 09:30 PM
Shackster

Especially since you aren't shelling out extra cash, except on the install, it should be a no brainer. Of course proper alignment, timing, phase and crossover point should be explored sometimes when you are given lemons you should make lemonade. Ford didn't put a whole lot of effort into the OEM locations and sometimes an EQ is the best way to overcome those horrible spots. I would put it in and have fun toying with it to your hearts desire, while keeping your eyes on the road of course!
post #9 of 24 Old 04-03-14, 08:49 AM
Elite Shackster

Andre

My System

https://www.woofersetc.com/p-7779-bx...aux-input.aspx

This over the Clarion

post #10 of 24 Old 04-03-14, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

I believe my head unit has three band with great sub control and adjustments where my car lacks is in the vocal dep as well as tweaking the sub and the unit that was just suggested is about
The same
Only diff head unit is kenwood excel on 597