The All Time Favorite Film Thread - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #21 of 83 Old 04-26-10, 08:17 AM
Senior Shackster

Zip

Re: Quigley Down Under

Quote:
Freebooter wrote: View Post
And of course two of my favorite actors, Tom Selleck (Quigley) and Laura San Giocomo(Crazy Cora) play in it.
And to think Selleck could have been Indiana Jones. Maybe that was for the better anyway I liked him as Magnum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 83 Old 04-26-10, 01:30 PM

Re: Quigley Down Under

I agree, I too loved Magnum PI. I also got a kick out of Higgins. He was hilarious.
post #23 of 83 Old 07-23-10, 04:36 AM

Re: The All Time Favorite Film Thread

I like "The classic" best. It's a romantic and classical movie. It's really touching, and it makes me cry every single time I watched it. I would recommend everyone to watch it

Last edited by annabie; 07-26-10 at 05:47 AM.

post #24 of 83 Old 07-25-10, 11:28 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

Full Metal Jacket

Especially the first 10 minutes. I read a story about Kubrick and Ermey. It was a fact that Ermey was not cast for the film, he was just a consultant. Kubrick went with him after Ermey sent him a video where Ermey went on improvising insulting dialogue towards a group of Royal Marines while people pelted him with oranges and tennis balls. Ermey rattled off insults for 15 minutes, and he did not flinch. After seeing this Kubrick cast him and was one of the very few people Kubrick allowed to ad-lib. It was also said that during the first ten minutes when Ermey uses the term "reach-around" Kubrick stopped filming to ask Ermey what it meant!

I would link to you tube but the language rules on this forum are clear, and if you want to see it you can search for yourself!
post #25 of 83 Old 09-25-10, 09:12 PM
Shackster

The Good the Bad and the Ugly

Sergio Leone was really master at his craft and way ahead of his time. His style is still being copied left and right today. Its too bad that studios won't let movies like that be made anymore. Everything has to move so quick now. Sadly the days of those long wide beautiful shot and landscapes are over I think.
post #26 of 83 Old 09-30-10, 01:16 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

Most of my favorite movies have been mentioned already including Full Metal Jacket, Memento, Young Frankenstein, American Beauty, 2001 etc. but I think my most favorite would have to be Pulp Fiction - if it is on TV I can't help but sit and watch it all the way through. I know a lot of you don't like the language and violence but I think the movie is very well written, acted, directed and edited (RIP Sally Menke).
post #27 of 83 Old 09-30-10, 02:51 PM
Elite Shackster

Its sure a sad story about Sally. RIP.
post #28 of 83 Old 09-30-10, 10:09 PM
Elite Shackster

bambino

My favorite films that i can watch time and time again are Braveheart, Gladiator and more currently 300. I'm still waiting to see Robin Hood, that one looks like one that i could watch more then once and still feel passionate about.
post #29 of 83 Old 10-01-10, 11:26 AM
Elite Shackster

I'm a bit of a sci-fi nut, and a fan of James Cameron before he saw blue . T 1+2 and Alien(s) are some of my all time fove films.
post #30 of 83 Old 10-01-10, 01:03 PM
Elite Shackster

Glen

I agree that genre rating would really help; with that said, a movie that was quite entertaining to me...

UNFORGIVEN

A dark, despicable storyline with actors that play the characters perfectly, and makes one reflexively The tone and mood of the movie just sucks you in, even when you've seen it before. A true pleasure to watch Clint Eastwood, Morgan Freeman, and Gene Hackman at the top of their game.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.