Favorite Concert/Performance DVD's - Page 9 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #81 of 88 Old 03-19-12, 06:11 PM
Shackster
bigbang

Re: Favorite Concert/Performance DVD's

Quote:
typ44q wrote: View Post
I do enjoy concerts on DVD/ Blu-ray a few of my favorites are:

Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds: Live at Radio City: The audio and video quality of this is exceptional, if you are a fan of Dave and Tim this is a must own.

James Taylor One Man Band: I have this on DVD and would love to get it on blu-ray should it become available
+1 on the Live @ Radio City, and I'm not really a Dave Mathews fan. Tim's (and Dave's) perfomance is OUTSTANDING!

Thanks for reminding me about the One Man Band, I need to pick that up b-ray or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 88 Old 03-20-12, 04:57 PM
Shackster
Hank

My System

Hi,
I would like to add some of my recommendations to this list.

Chris Botti: Live in Boston... Everyone I show it to goes out and purchases a copy.

The Police: Certifiable... Awesome Picture, great sound. I watched it on a 70" Elite t.v. and the contrast was amazing.

Paul Simon & friends: Library of Congress...Lyle Lovett, Alison Krauss and James Taylor all had great performances. Video and audio are great.

The Cowboy Junkies: Trinity Sessions Revisited....Recorded in an old church with no audience. Sound is terrific.

Diana Krall: Live in Paris....Picture is good, sound is great and so is the music.

Daina Krall: Live at the Montreal Jazz Festival....Picture is not as good, the sound is great and so is the music.

Rush: Time Machine....I have been disappointed in with the sound of their other dvd's and Time Machine is a definite improvement.
post #83 of 88 Old 06-16-12, 11:10 PM
Senior Shackster
Rancho

Just picked up Joe Bonamassa at the Beacon on Bluray. Fantastic concert if you like amazing blues rock! This guy can play. Just about every song has an amazing guitar solo. Highly recommend. Guests include Beth Hart (Janice lives on!), John Hiatt and Paul Rogers. A new favorite for sure.

post #84 of 88 Old 07-10-13, 11:56 PM
Shackster

My System
I recently purchased the Toto Falling in Between Live. I will say it is one of the best sounding Blu-rays I have ever heard. It is mixed very well and the overall sound quality is amazing. The video quality is also very good. It is a great demo to show off your system.

Marantz AV 8801 Processor
Sunfire Signature Amp 400x7
Oppo DV971H DVD Player
PS3
PS4
Klipsch RF-7s
Klispch RS-7
Klipsch RC-7
Power Sound Audio Triax Subwoofer
Sharp Aquos 80 ; 3D Quattron
post #85 of 88 Old 09-15-13, 07:45 AM
HTS Senior Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Wayne A. Pflughaupt

+1 for Falling In Between Live – a great concert video from a great band! I agree that the sound quality is excellent, but the bass is somewhat muddy. And I do wish with concert videos in general that they’d quite trying to mix them in stereo. That’s fine for studio recordings, but it just doesn’t work for a video when you hear the guitar from the left speaker and the player is on the right side of the screen!

Neverthess, the stage lighting and video production for Falling In Between Live is simply outstanding! You can’t underestimate those two in a concert video. I also have Toto’s 25th Anniversary in Amsterdam video, and the stage lighting for that show runs from bland to flat-out garish.

Regards,
Wayne

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|

post #86 of 88 Old 03-17-14, 11:25 AM
Banned!

My System

mentioned anywhere.

Maybe there's no DVDs. Great Fogerty concernt performance.

Last edited by BeeMan458; 03-17-14 at 11:32 AM.
post #87 of 88 Old 07-01-14, 11:32 AM
Shackster

Bluray - "Toto - 35th Anniversary Tour Live from Poland" - amazingly good looking video and sound
Bluray - "Dukes of September Live" - Donald Fagen, Michael McDonald, Boz Scaggs -hits and songs they love
Bluray - "Bryan Ferry - Live at Lyon" - (its not Roxy Music, but... ) A good recording and a nice show
Bluray - "Diana Krall - Live in Rio" - A good recording and a nice show & some nice bonus tracks
DVD - The Concert for George" - stunningly good show with an amazing line up of talent + Monty Python
more later
post #88 of 88 Old 07-09-18, 11:50 PM
Shackster

Some of my favorites...

Talking Heads: Stop Making Sense
Chris Botti in Boston
U2: Elevation
KISS Unplugged
Garbage: One Mile High
Blue Man Group: How to be a Rock Star
Pearl Jam Unplugged