SOURCE CODE (Blu-ray; Summit Entertainment) - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #21 of 27 Old 06-15-13, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Banned!

Re: SOURCE CODE (Blu-ray; Summit Entertainment)

Sounds good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 Old 06-17-13, 03:29 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

Quote:
Mike Edwards wrote: View Post
I've seen the movie several times, so let me try to explain.....

1. we never see Jake's character on the other side. what the film is going off of is the theory of the multiverse, wherein each decisions we makes breaks off into a different alternate reality. What the military was doing was transporting his consciousness and "hijacking" someone else in the other universe. Allowing him to control that person's body until the crash happens. every time he went through the process he had to "jump" to another reality that was just about identical until he got it right. The whole time they made it seem like he was time jumping. you realize at the end that he was REALITY jumping and could stay there if he so wished.

2. what happens at the end of the last act is that in averting the train accident at the end he was actually able to STAY in that other person's body and BECOME him, so to speak. Living in that alternate reality along with that version of Christina
That was a very good explanation by Mike.

I enjoyed Source Code, so much so I watched it twice when it was first released on DVD way back when. Any time-travel sci-fi flick will require the viewer to suspend reality and accept the explanations from the film makers. For some reason I enjoy that sub-genre. I'll take those all day long before a badly written and acted film (Red Dawn [2012] and The Last Stand come to mind).

I'm looking forward to more of your reviews!
post #23 of 27 Old 06-17-13, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Banned!

Quote:
Infrasonic wrote: View Post
For some reason I enjoy that sub-genre. I'll take those all day long before a badly written and acted film (Red Dawn [2012] and The Last Stand come to mind).
I'll give you the 2012 version of Red Dawn as that had so much potential and just flopped for some reason...but I didn't think The Last Stand was that bad when taken for what it was...

Though, I will say Arnie looked horrible and cripple-esque old in that...

Quote:
I'm looking forward to more of your reviews!
Mine or Mike's?

post #24 of 27 Old 06-17-13, 04:01 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

Quote:
Osage_Winter wrote: View Post
Mine or Mike's?
I meant yours but I read everyone's

I usually just read the audio portion of the reviews before I see the movie and then come back, read the rest and post my thoughts. I'm looking forward to seeing the Hansel & Gretel movie for the audio alone!

Oh and tomorrow night I should be seeing The Man of Steel so I'll hopefully have some positive things to say about it later in the week!
post #25 of 27 Old 06-17-13, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Banned!

Quote:
Infrasonic wrote: View Post
I meant yours but I read everyone's
Got-cha.

Quote:
I usually just read the audio portion of the reviews before I see the movie and then come back, read the rest and post my thoughts. I'm looking forward to seeing the Hansel & Gretel movie for the audio alone!
Indeed; that's the best way to do it with my reviews because of the in-depth plot analysis I do...

The TrueHD audio mix on the "R" rated Blu-ray I sampled was pretty heady...though other members such as Eric have reported getting versions that carry a LOSSY DTS mix on them...at any rate, yeah, come back and let me know what you thought of it once you see it.

Quote:
Oh and tomorrow night I should be seeing The Man of Steel so I'll hopefully have some positive things to say about it later in the week!
If you're even remotely a fan of Richard Donner's Superman II -- arguably the best of the original franchise -- you're gonna love what Zack Snyder did with this. It's everything they couldn't do with the restrictions of the technology of the time...finally, Supes and Zod battle it out over Metropolis in a fight scene the way it was meant to be viewed!
post #26 of 27 Old 06-17-13, 04:16 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

Great! Man of Steel sounds like a winner then, it has been getting some seriously mixed reviews but it seems most of the audience scores have been very strong.

For Hansel & Gretel I'll be stuck with whatever version Netflix has on the BR so we will see!(It's going to take a while since I missed it when it was first released on Netflix and I'm now on 'Long Wait')
post #27 of 27 Old 06-17-13, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Banned!

Yeah...the Netflix Debacle...hence the reason I won't rent from them...

Indeed, Man of Steel has been getting mixed reviews, most critics saying it lacks conviction and any kind of depth to its story beyond the CGI-coated fight sequences...but I gotta tell you...if you're a rabid fan of the second Superman film and always wondered what it would be like if the main character clashed with these adversaries from Krypton using today's modern techniques and special effects applications, you will be pleasantly rewarded...this film was really Snyder delivering for the hardcore fans, doing sequence after sequence of hand-to-hand combat scenes in classic hero vs. adversary fashion -- what a GOOD comic adaptation film should offer. He leaves out a lot of sappy love interest pieces (this will be explored in the eventual follow-up as Clark starts working at the Daily Planet and gets closer to Lois, etc.) so the film isn't bogged down from it, just limping along as we await an exciting action setpiece...Snyder goes for the throat with this one, and I was very happy from that standpoint...

However, don't get me wrong -- the film does have problems and isn't perfect (in my opinion, no comic adaptation will ever unseat what I consider to be the very best in this genre, Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 2) but these issues revolve mainly around the casting decisions for the characters: Who in their right mind thought Michael Shannon was the accurate pick for Zod? Or Russell Crowe to play Jor El? Or Laurence Fishburne to play Perry White? These were unforgiveable atrocities in terms of casting (no one will play the role of Zod like Terence Stamp did...that whole "calm charm" he exuded in that character was totally lost on Shannon) but luckily Snyder makes up for it with incredibly exciting action sequences and awesome hero-adversary battles...