The best movies for home theater surround sound - Page 8 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #71 of 177 Old 08-27-11, 05:41 PM
Elite Shackster

Dale Rasco

My System
Re: The best movies for home theater surround sound

Haven't heard of The Lost Bladesman, need to check that one out. It sounds like my kind of movie! Thanks!

Regards,
Dale Rasco

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -Thomas A. Edison

Dale Rasco and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 177 Old 09-05-11, 01:55 PM
Shackster

Finally saw 2001: A Space Odyssey. Visually this movie looks fantastic on my cheapo optima hd20. I really can't say enough about how it looks. As far as audio is concerned, It does have some good intense/spooky spots but the first 10 minutes almost killed it for me.

You really get the feeling of being part of the movie.

Last edited by tonydp; 09-05-11 at 02:01 PM.
post #73 of 177 Old 10-26-11, 10:26 AM

Add Transformers Dark of the Moon to the list. Completely over the top and LOUD.

post #74 of 177 Old 03-01-12, 12:01 PM
Senior Shackster

Brandon

My System

My 2 cents would be (and frankly I am surprised to not see it on any page) Inception. That movie has some great depth of sound, going from subtle speaking moments to explosions and mind bending visuals accompanied by and awesome score.
post #75 of 177 Old 03-01-12, 05:49 PM
Inactive
grassy

My System

Of late i watched "The Thing" and thought that the sound and suspense was awesome. There is some nice sub work in that movie. A nice controled sub sound is the best thing in a movie. Nothing worse than having a heavy sub sound when it does not need to be there.I was surprised with the remake of "The Thing", i thought is was good.
post #76 of 177 Old 03-01-12, 11:02 PM
Senior Shackster

Zip

Quote:
BD55 wrote: View Post
My 2 cents would be (and frankly I am surprised to not see it on any page) Inception. That movie has some great depth of sound, going from subtle speaking moments to explosions and mind bending visuals accompanied by and awesome score.
Hans Zimmer is undoubtedly one of the best, if not the best, musicians in Hollywood. He's pretty prolific too, pumping out multiple awesome soundtracks a year.
post #77 of 177 Old 03-05-12, 08:59 AM
Senior Shackster

Brandon

My System

Quote:
MatrixDweller wrote: View Post
Hans Zimmer is undoubtedly one of the best, if not the best, musicians in Hollywood. He's pretty prolific too, pumping out multiple awesome soundtracks a year.
You know, it's funny, I have noticed that I always seem to come back to the classic masters like Zimmer or Williams. Their style is addictive. Don't get me wrong, there are a ton of very talented composers today, but I guess I am a sucker for comfort film score composers whose work brings me a sense of nostalgia.
post #78 of 177 Old 03-05-12, 04:37 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

Here's a list of his work, I never knew he did Rain Man - I thought that movie had an excellent soundtrack. It's good to see he's working on The Dark Knight Rises.
post #79 of 177 Old 03-27-12, 10:58 AM
Shackster

My System

I mentioned this in another thread, but a movie that went under the radar for awesome sound is Fast Five.. I think a lot of people won't give it a chance, and write it off as yet another cheesy Fast & Furious movie..

It definitely is an action movie on steroids but it is very entertaining and both the surround effects and LFE are top-notch!!

I highly recommend giving it a shot- get the blu ray on red box, it'll be the best $~1.50 you've spent on renting a movie.. Fair warning though- you may be tempted to buy it for demoing your system after you see the crazy intense vault heist with the Dodge Chargers..
post #80 of 177 Old 06-15-12, 01:59 PM
Shackster

Immortals. Good surrounds and great LFE.