Roger Waters The Wall - Blu-ray Review - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

6Likes

post #11 of 24 Old 04-24-16, 08:12 AM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
I was able to see them in 1988 at Arrowhead stadium. To this day the best concert I ever attended. It was a spectacle to say the least.
Todd Anderson and albe like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 Old 04-27-16, 10:42 AM
Elite Shackster

Jack

My System
Re: Roger Waters The Wall - Blu-ray Review

Finally, I was able to view this disc at home last night and found it not only incredible but incredibly touching. There is no doubt that Roger has a bit of whiny in him and there is no doubt that he has been much affected by the death of his father as well as his grandfather and this is discussed in the movie to the point of where he has made peace with it. I don't believe that we will see too much more regarding the wall as time marches on because in my opinion this is enough. Like Roger finding closure regarding the men to his family that died while he was either a baby or prior exam even being born. As a very interesting part in their wherein he says that his grandfather died when his father was 2 years old while Rogers father died when Roger was five years old. So I don't really think any of this back and forth results from the angst of hearing that your father died while you are aware of that situation. I believe as I'm sure we all do that all of these negative things that have come out of Roger in way of his music discussions on TV and/or books relate directly back to incompetence in governments of the world as well as what he feels is the plummeting structure of humanity.

I have seen Pink Floyd three times live, in 1973 for dark side of the moon, in 1975 for wish you were here and again in 1978 for animals. Further I have seen Roger in person an additional three times for pros and cons of hitchhiking with Eric Clapton on guitar, and Radio KAOS and lastly amused to death. And I have to say that the concert disc barely touches the surface of their live in person performances. I will put a note in here that the airplane crashes into the stage was actually done a good number of years ago for the wish you were here album tour. It was used to move from the playing of dark side of the moon to the wish you were here part of the concert and it was brilliant. In pretty much every concert I've ever seen the audience is more respectful than any other rock icon and a distinctly remember that when I saw the Animals concert in Chicago that you could hear a pin drop during most of the performance.

So really this disc is a bit more rambunctious than the earlier concerts like all of Pink Floyd and/or Roger Waters but he does know how to get the audience moving. This man is unquestionably a musical genius that has been able to consistently put out good to excellent music and bad to excellent movies. The first try at making a movie called The Wall was in my opinion an utter failure. There was nothing uplifting in that movie beyond the music which I had on album and CD. Many of his other recordings may not be dance-able but they are unique including Ça Ira, his SACD multi channel Opera which really sounds like Roger Waters music done by classical performers.

Okay I am as usual a bit long-winded so I will say this epic concert will be remembered but nothing like let's say the Beatles coming on the Ed Sullivan show in the early 60s.
I am not a professional reviewer but I will say I give this Blu-ray disc a recommendation of bye it if for nothing else other than showing off how good a concert disc can be.

Lastly, I think ole Rog puts out some of the best sounding discs out there.

Good Listening

Jack

"For those who believe no proof is needed for those who don't believe no proof is possible"

Last edited by Savjac; 04-27-16 at 04:02 PM.
post #13 of 24 Old 04-27-16, 03:54 PM
Elite Shackster
Todd Anderson

My System

Alright, twist my arm. I dialed-up Amazon and have a copy incoming.

post #14 of 24 Old 04-27-16, 04:02 PM
Elite Shackster

Jack

My System

Quote:
Todd Anderson wrote: View Post
I hope your arm is better now.

Good Listening

Jack

"For those who believe no proof is needed for those who don't believe no proof is possible"
post #15 of 24 Old 04-27-16, 04:04 PM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Quote:
Well worth it! Really shows you what can be achieved with Atmos music.
post #16 of 24 Old 04-27-16, 04:06 PM
Elite Shackster

Jack

My System

I wonder, now that we have let Todd's arm go, if he wants his watch back ??

Good Listening

Jack

post #17 of 24 Old 04-27-16, 04:09 PM
Elite Shackster
Todd Anderson

My System

Quote:
Savjac wrote: View Post
I hope your arm is better now.
My arm is better... but if I keep reading Mike's reviews my wallet is the one that's going to be in serious pain!
Savjac likes this.
post #18 of 24 Old 04-28-16, 11:23 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

Quote:
My arm is better... but if I keep reading Mike's reviews my wallet is the one that's going to be in serious pain!

Quote:
Savjac wrote: View Post
I wonder, now that we have let Todd's arm go, if he wants his watch back ??

Yes jack. Play nice. Todd might to pawn that watch to sonnie to buy more movies!
post #19 of 24 Old 04-29-16, 09:41 AM
Elite Shackster
Todd Anderson

My System

Wonder if he'd loan cash based on a picture? ;-)

http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...120330&thumb=1
Attached Thumbnails
Roger Waters The Wall - Blu-ray Review-rolex-yacht-master-1525550.jpg  

post #20 of 24 Old 04-29-16, 11:39 AM
Elite Shackster

Jack

My System

Quote:
Wonder if he'd loan cash based on a picture? ;-)

http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...120330&thumb=1
Only if he would do the same for me....and my somewhat less than generous one.

Good Listening

Jack