panasonic pt-53wx54j - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 6 Old 03-06-12, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

panasonic pt-53wx54j

ive had this thing fixed 3 times under warrenty now its run out.i got a problem with the convergence again i think the repair guy put new chips in last time i had a problem.all the stuff ive come up with is it should have stk392-110 in it and i looked and its got stk392-150s. im not sure what ones it came with and weather i should change them any help would be appreciated.thks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-07-12, 12:40 PM
Elite Shackster

Gary

My System
Re: panasonic pt-53wx54j

I'd try to have the dealer contact Panny Customer service (or do it directly) and explain that it has been fixed 3 times. I worked in a service dept. and quite often a company will overlook the warranty period (to a point) if there have been many documented problems with the piece. I'd try to get an RA (return authorization) and get it swapped-out for a new piece.

Let me know if I can help and good luck!
post #3 of 6 Old 03-07-12, 06:42 PM
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Send a message via AIM to lcaillo

This is a CRT rear projection set that has been out of production for years. It is unlikely that Panasonic or any other vendor would give any accomodation on a set this old.

If the set has had multiple repairs for convergence failures, it is likely because the setup is incorrect causing the chips to run hot or that the repairs were made incorrectly. Careless heat sinking, improper alignment, or using anything other than first quality parts could account for repeated failures. Assuming premium quality ICs, the STK392-150 is always a superior replacement to the STK392-110 and an appropriate choice. There have been so many inferior parts out there for so many years, however, that the probability is that the parts used in the repairs are the problem.

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.

post #4 of 6 Old 03-07-12, 06:42 PM
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Send a message via AIM to lcaillo

Please read the first ten posts of the convergence repair sticky in the DIY Repair forum VERY carefully.
http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...e-repairs.html

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.
post #5 of 6 Old 03-07-12, 06:52 PM
Elite Shackster

Gary

My System

"This is a CRT rear projection set that has been out of production for years"

Sorry, I didn't realize it was that old. I should have Googled the model before I wrote the post.
post #6 of 6 Old 03-07-12, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

hey np wgmontgomery guess i should have put the year in thks for the though.and thks lcaillo for the info reply im on the fence weather to try and repair this one.