Philips 46PP930217 No picture no sound - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 10 Old 05-29-09, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
pjlkid

Philips 46PP930217 No picture no sound

My philips will run fine then you shut it off and when you turn it on it waits approx 20 sec. than no sound no picture and the on off button blinks 9 times. I have unplugged the console as well as all of the inputs for at over 4 hours and it will run again for an undetermined amount of time then it will do it again. The repair shop said they could find nothing wrong with it after $85.00.

Help please...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-30-09, 10:46 AM
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Send a message via AIM to lcaillo
Re: Philips 46PP930217 No picture no sound

How often does this happen?

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.
post #3 of 10 Old 05-30-09, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
pjlkid

the first time was in January than I did not use it for about 4 or 5 weeks plugged it in and it ran fine for 2 months than it did it again a couple of weeks ago. I would unplug the unit as well as the inputs i.e cable and dvd players and let it sit for 4 or 5 hours than it would work for a day then you would shut it off and comeback and it would not work. When the repair shop had it they had it powered on for a week straight and shut it off intermittently and it never did it.

post #4 of 10 Old 05-30-09, 08:23 PM
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Intermittent problems are typically due to bad solder connections, bad capacitors, or semiconductors that are failing. They can sometimes be isolated with heat or cooling of the affected circuits.

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.
post #5 of 10 Old 06-05-09, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
pjlkid

This problem is happening more and more frequently. The codes are 9 (HCS-GDE communication failure. There was no Initialization Complete.) and 17 (HD-DW - ADC error *1) that show up when I enter the SDM mode. I cannot enter the SDM mode when the tv shuts down and blinks the code.
post #6 of 10 Old 06-06-09, 08:33 AM
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Without doing some research on the system, I cannot comment on the errors you are getting and their meaning. The only things that I recall causing shutdown on these units are leaky audio amp ICs, optocouplers in the PS, and filter caps in the PS.

post #7 of 10 Old 06-06-09, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
pjlkid

I tried to enter the SDM mode while it was shut down but was unable to. I had thought that when it happend I could see line across the middle of the screen although it could just be my mind. I thought also that it might have to do with the inputs so I now have one single input but it still did it. Last night I held the power on button down and pushed the channel up and down buttons and it came on.

With the issues at hand it seems it that it is not getting a good read from the HD-DW input??
post #8 of 10 Old 06-06-09, 02:55 PM
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Have you looked for the obvious, like checking for swollen caps or bad solder joints?

post #9 of 10 Old 06-10-09, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
pjlkid

just a though but i did have the convergence fixed on it and after that is when it started. I did notice that while it is waiting to put a picture up if you change the channel the screen has static across the middle. perhaps the convergance is the problem???
post #10 of 10 Old 06-10-09, 06:40 PM
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

I can't think of a reason that a convergence problem would cause that symptom. More likely a different problem or something damaged when removing the boards.