Steve and Aaron's 51PP9200D-37 Project - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 13 Old 03-06-11, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster
Steve

Re: Steve and Aaron's 51PP9200D-37 Project

Hi Guys,

We reassembled this tonight and went to fire it up and . . . nothing! it was deader than a door nail!

I hadn't plugged it in before but my son had. He said it wouldn't come up but I just didn't think to ask if it blinked a code or anything. Not coming on is common with convergence issues so it didn't bother me. Usually they will at least give the power light and probably blink a code though so when he said it was always completely dead I figured I had another "fun" one to troubleshoot.

I always start with the basics though - check that the cord is good, check any fuses you see, etc.. Failing that it's time to hit the manual and see about any pico fuses, voltage test points, etc..

We pulled the back off and I went to remove the power cord to test it and what do I see? Someone had removed the power cord and when they reattached it they didn't get it on correctly - only one pin was making contact! I removed it and reattached it correctly and it came right up!

It's been a busy weekend and I was tired so I left at this point - my son called a bit after I got home, he got it converged and there was a firmware update for it on the Philips website that he installed - he said it had been running for quite a while now and seems to be just fine! It doesn't even appear to need the CRT fluid changed!

I think this set may end up in our family room . . . it's got a hdmi input, does 720p as well as 1080i and has a qam tuner in it! All fairly uncommon features in a crt rptv.

Here's a pic my son's girlfriend just emailed me.

Take care,

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Steve and Aaron's 51PP9200D-37 Project-up-running-small.jpg  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 Old 12-22-11, 11:28 AM

I have this exact same tv that will not turn on and LED flashes 6 long and 1 short. Is what you did a similar repair? What exactly do I replace?
post #13 of 13 Old 12-22-11, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster
Steve

I dunno. I don't have a lot of time right now, probably won't till next week. I gave a link to the service manual in one of my earlier posts, download it and see how to read the codes and then look the codes up.

Sorry I can't help much for a bit, but it's just crazy around here right now!

Take care, good luck!

Steve