Dual SI D4 HT18s - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 13 Old 01-29-15, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Brandon

My System
Dual SI D4 HT18s

I just convinced my buddy to buy a couple Stereo Integrity D4 HT18s to complement the speakers he's getting installed in his basement. I was thinking that a good candidate for powering these would be an iNuke3000DSP.

He's got time to order an amp, but with FREE shipping on the already ridiculously inexpensive HT18s for the limited time, I encouraged him to jump on that deal for a pair of killer drivers. With the dual setup, I recommended the D4s so he could wire the drivers in series and then together in parallel for a final load of 4 ohms (paired with what the iNuke can put out, which is "3000" watts mono bridged at 4 ohms - supposedly it is really like half that).

Is this a good recommendation? We're not going LLT, but we are going to do ported due to the large volume of his basement, so the DSP capabilities are nice to have built into the amp.

Last edited by BD55; 01-29-15 at 03:51 PM. Reason: .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 01-29-15, 05:49 PM
Senior Shackster

Ender

My System
Re: Dual SI D4 HT18s

how many subs we talking?

2, 4?

As long as you can wire them to dial them in independently (if 2) or in groups (if 4) that should be fine.....

I'd want to be able to tweak each section independent but thats me.
post #3 of 13 Old 01-29-15, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Brandon

My System
2 drivers in two separate enclosures

post #4 of 13 Old 01-29-15, 08:25 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

My System

I would recommend a NU6000dsp or two NU3000s for two 18 D4s. One NU3000dsp would run them but the amp would be out of juice before the subs are.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #5 of 13 Old 01-29-15, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Brandon

My System
Thanks fusseli, that's exactly what kind of advice I am looking for! I will see if he wants to swing it for the 6000.
post #6 of 13 Old 01-29-15, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Brandon

My System
Quote:
fusseli wrote: View Post
I would recommend a NU6000dsp or two NU3000s for two 18 D4s. One NU3000dsp would run them but the amp would be out of juice before the subs are.
But if he can't do the 6000, will the 3000 be ok? I just don't want to have him worry about driving the amp to clipping with every little thing.
post #7 of 13 Old 01-31-15, 01:38 PM
Shackster

vitod

Quote:
BD55 wrote: View Post
But if he can't do the 6000, will the 3000 be ok? I just don't want to have him worry about driving the amp to clipping with every little thing.
3000DSP is fine. Wire each sub for 2ohm and the amp pumps 1050w each.
Attachments
post #8 of 13 Old 01-31-15, 01:53 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

My System

Ya an NU3000 should be okay, just go easy on the gains with the dsp. Don't do much more than +3dB I'd say. You'll be able to tell if it's too much if it clips (red indicator).

post #9 of 13 Old 02-02-15, 03:35 AM
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

My System

Quote:
fusseli wrote: View Post
actually I'd say the NU3000 is more than enough. the SI 18's really are pushing it at 1100 watts each (it's a 600 watt rated rms driver, but you can push them to about 1000 watts. ) any more than that and I'd be REAL leary.
post #10 of 13 Old 02-02-15, 09:08 AM
HTS Senior Moderator

My System

The dsp is why more power is needed. With much gain, especially with an LS12, the amp will run out of juice real fast. An nu3000 would run them but if the are expected to be pushed very hard or used with EQ I recommend a bigger amp.