Building the Pulse... - Page 4 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #31 of 98 Old 12-29-08, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System
Re: Building the Pulse...

Yeah the Behemoth was huge.

Here's a pic of Rodny and Walter after we got it unloaded and in place.

Rodny primed it, texture painted it, then use another finish paint on it. He used a paint from one of his paint stores in Montgomery. He can probably tell you exactly what all he used.

Nice work on that sealed AudioPulse
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 98 Old 12-30-08, 07:38 AM
Senior Shackster
Platinum Supporter

Rodny

Quote:
avaserfi wrote: View Post
That's a nice finish, what type of paint is it? Looks like more finish work would be required than the paint I used.
We used texture automotive paint SEM, I use it to paint dashes on cars or any piece that I make for the interior of the car and we finish with a color match paint for vinyl, made by SEM or DuPont.

You have to paint the box with a build up primer to get a smooth finish.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #33 of 98 Old 12-30-08, 07:51 AM

Andrew

Send a message via AIM to avaserfi Send a message via Yahoo to avaserfi

Quote:
Rodny Alvarez wrote: View Post
We used texture automotive paint SEM, I use it to paint dashes on cars or any piece that I make for the interior of the car and we finish with a color match paint for vinyl, made by SEM or DuPont.
Thanks, I will have to remember this one in the future.

Quote:
You have to paint the box with a build up primer to get a smooth finish.
Yeah, it certainly doesn't look like it will hide any flaws.

Andrew

post #34 of 98 Old 12-31-08, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System

I ended up having to work at the office until lunch today... then we had to visit at the hospital before I headed home, so I had very little time to do anything, but I did get a quick measurement in after running Auto-Setup again. It doesn't look terrible although we could park a bus in that trough. It still sounds really good to me.

Building the Pulse...-pulse-audyssey-after-onethirdsmoothing.jpg

Looks like I may have tuned it a tad lower than I thought I was tuning it... maybe 17Hz or so, although I did not actually measure nearfield speaker and port to verify.

Still no HPF either.

I watched about half of Hellboy II this afternoon and I am impressed.
post #35 of 98 Old 01-01-09, 12:33 AM
Elite Shackster

bigbadbill

Impresive!
What are the room dimesions?
Do you have any room absorbers/diffusers?
post #36 of 98 Old 01-01-09, 12:50 AM
Elite Shackster
Maverick

Cool! And it's cool that it's 'invisible' too! Sorta like my setup with all the ugly bits behind the curtains. Very neat!

What about all the bits in the cabinet? Rattle much?

post #37 of 98 Old 01-01-09, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System

The room is about 20' x 20' or so... with a 6' opening into a very large kitchen that also has two other very large opening... then a 5' opening into the foyer... a standard opening into a small study... and another opening into another small foyer that goes to our bedroom. Plus the ceilings are 10' high. It has to fill a huge area. Estimating probably over 15,000ft^3.

No treatments other than a large sofa, loveseat and recliner.

The bits in the cabinet have not moved, rattled or said a word about anything. The only rattles are if you are standing in the kitchen, the tray in the microwave along with a few dishes here and there, will rattle during certain scenes. Nothing that can be heard if you are in the great room.
post #38 of 98 Old 01-01-09, 10:11 AM
Elite Shackster
Maverick

I guess you'll hear the wife long before you hear the rattles if she's anything like mine, anyway!

post #39 of 98 Old 01-01-09, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System

Yup... But we cannot dare tell them we said this.
post #40 of 98 Old 01-01-09, 11:37 AM
Elite Shackster
Maverick