Advertisement

post #12 of 17 Old 07-18-17, 01:16 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Or like a dbx drive rack
post #13 of 17 Old 07-18-17, 03:36 AM
Shackster

Toffkanda

Re: Diy sub

I don't have enough experience with these DSPS perhaps someone else might chime in but my understanding is that minidsp has distinct advantages and with the mic you not only implement the filters but also measure, set up and eq your entire system.
I actually would have anticipated that you would be asking more about the details of building the boxes. Perhaps you've understood that aspect very clearly.

No man, however humble is prepared to apologize for his existence on this planet.

post #14 of 17 Old 07-18-17, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

The box sounds pretty straight forward or is there something I am missing I know. My sub takes up .14cuft3 I will need to factor that. In building the. Box and some braces inside. Prob round dowel good glue screws and any advice you have. I just didn't know how to. Do. The 15hz high pass
post #15 of 17 Old 07-18-17, 11:36 AM
Shackster

Toffkanda

I just didn't know how to. Do. The 15hz high pass

It's 18hz not 15. You just get the dsp you want (minidsp, the higher types of dbx driverack, behringer dcx and I think rane dsp) and you simply key in the settings for 3rd order 18hz highpass and you're done.

No man, however humble is prepared to apologize for his existence on this planet.
post #16 of 17 Old 07-18-17, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Yeah. I will build. 2 boxers @ 3.5 net after braces speaker displacement idint know I needed flare ports but I can do that should I do. Front ports or back or build it like. A svs short square but deep. Do I need to. Dampen the inside of the. Box with polyfil or foam
post #17 of 17 Old 07-18-17, 12:48 PM
Shackster

Toffkanda

I'm not sure if your reference to svs port is a consideration of changing to a slot /square port. If you do that you must take care that the slot port surface area equals the sum of the surface areas of the two 3.75 in diameter ports and the port length will need to be re-simulated.

If the intended net volume has been accurately implemented, all you need is 1.5 inch acoustic foam lining the internal walls of the box to kill resonances.