Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Ultimate subwoofer x4

8K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  zallou3 
#1 ·
Hello guys
Just finished building 4 ultimate subwoofers designed by the one and only mark kravchenko
If someone isn't familiar with the design of the subs, it s a 12 inch front loaded horn designed to go as low as 14 hz.
It was my first time working with wood so keep that in mind
I ll attach some pictures of the build and if you have any questions i m all ears!

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Wow
I was just thinking that if your building a horn sub and it goes down to 14hz it’s got to be one hell of a large box. And then I see your pics and yep, they are monsters. Great job
Where did you find the plans for them? I’d like to give that design a try, I’ve made a few tuba’s and a few folded horns with great success, have you run any REW to see what your getting sound wise ?

#10 ·
Helloo, thanks you!
Yes they are big boxes, big box, big output!
You ll find the plans with mark kravchenko, he s the designer of this sub, he made a comment up there send him a pm and he ll help you out, he s a very kind gentleman and he s very helpful
Regarding REW i haven't had an accurate test cause of a bad mic, and lots of stuff vibrating in the room.

#12 ·
well yeah it became an obsession
i don't have an spl meter,hard to find in Lebanon
nor an RTA
i'm using 1 12 inch in each enclosure,they are car subwoofers and they're dual 4 ohms,using a mixture of polk,pionner and sony(again can't find anything related to subwoofers in Lebanon)
using a yamaha p3500s power amplifier as a power source,delivering 900 watts total to the 4 subs(more than enough to shake the house)
i ended up changing there location,and using 1 in each corner of the room
they perform great,they're very clean,playing the big organ pipes on them is addictive and realistic.they;re impossible to localize them even though two of them are directly next to my head, horns are very efficient and a bit of power will shake the room.
feel free to ask anything else :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.