Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Budget friendly driver for 500mm cube

3K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Gregr 
#1 ·
Hey guys, so budget is a limiting factory for my build its a 500mm cube I don't mind ported or sealed but need sub 30hz(my mains comfortably get to about 35 before they roll off too steep)

I am in the UK so somthing available here would help as I would have to spend on shipping & import duties.

Hopefully somthing around the £150 mark. Thank you!

#2 ·
You are in the heart of driver heaver with the French "Focal" driver and/or Cabasse, Seas, Dynaudio, Morel, Audex etc etc.
a net search for these will reveal many more. The above areall exceptional drivers.

#4 ·
Can’t comment on specific drivers for your availability but you’ll definitely want ported. Sealed subs can take as many as 4 to equal the output around the tuning point of a ported subwoofer. This also comes with extra distortion, excursion, heat and power demands. If you look at TS parameters pay attention to FS. It’s the free air resonance of the driver and tuning a box below that reduces efficiency and the driver has to work very hard the deeper it plays.

#12 ·
I would think a 15 would work in 4ft3.

#13 ·
this is where i would start my search and compare all others to. Also this is probably where i would probably end my search.

This Focal sub is a duel 4ohm voice coil. So it can be wired to play well with home systems in 8 ohm configuration or used in auto sound in 4 ohm configuration and perfect for a 20" cube. The Focal RSB-300 plays down to 20hz w/90db sensativity etc

https://www.amazon.com/Focal-RSB-300-Subwoofer-Sealed-Enclosures/dp/B06XYFQYVV

A net search may find others...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.