7.6 cu.ft Maelstrom- X 18" build - Page 30 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #291 of 305 Old 04-25-10, 02:31 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Dylan

Re: 7.6 cu.ft Maelstrom- X 18" build

Quote:
NEO Dan wrote: View Post
What AVR are you using?

The Insignia NS-R5100 found here

This provides a little better picture of the back of the receiver *click*

Build log:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #292 of 305 Old 04-26-10, 10:00 AM
Shackster
Dan

You don't have a phono ground, use the AM ground
post #293 of 305 Old 05-03-10, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Dylan

Quote:

Ok, I'll try it when I get a chance. Been really busy with school lately. Only 16 days of actual school left, then I will be a junior once the next school year starts!! Can't wait.

Build log:

Last edited by sub_junkie; 05-03-10 at 11:42 PM.

post #294 of 305 Old 05-11-10, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Dylan

I noticed a slight distortion today, and nothing was clipping, and the sub wasn't bottoming out. When I walked by the AntiMode, I noticed that the "Bypass" and "Lift 35" lights were lighting up. Has anyone else had this happen to them when the volume is up pretty loud? I'm assuming that those lights mean that the AntiMode is clipping.

Just wanted to throw that out there.

The sub sounds much better with the foam removed from the box I can't believe the difference that it made.

Build log:

Last edited by sub_junkie; 05-11-10 at 11:30 PM.
post #295 of 305 Old 05-13-10, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Dylan

Quote:

My apologies for a triple post.

Dan, would it hurt anything if I just cut the Shield wire right at the number one prong, and soldered another wire onto there that will go to the AM ground? Or do I need to take the complete "Shield" wire out from the rest of the wires?

Build log:

post #296 of 305 Old 05-16-10, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Dylan

Does anyone know? I would really like to get it fixed, but don't want to short things out if I leave the Shield wire in with the rest of the red/white and black wires.

Build log:

post #297 of 305 Old 10-14-10, 09:12 AM
Shackster

hey dude, how are ya? i just read a majorty of the posts, got a mad setup there, just replying on that breaking benjamin song, i couldnt see if anyone replied, i just played it on my tempest and i dare say that they woulda bumped up the bass on the bass guitar a bit for the chorus for a bit of wow factor. good song too, first time i heard it
post #298 of 305 Old 11-11-10, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Dylan

Quote:
coruphius wrote: View Post
hey dude, how are ya? i just read a majorty of the posts, got a mad setup there, just replying on that breaking benjamin song, i couldnt see if anyone replied, i just played it on my tempest and i dare say that they woulda bumped up the bass on the bass guitar a bit for the chorus for a bit of wow factor. good song too, first time i heard it

Thanks . Breaking Benjamin has quite a few songs that are good, whether it be for lyrics or a wide range of bass things. "Breakdown" by them has some pretty unique bass in it also.

Build log:

post #299 of 305 Old 04-24-11, 03:52 PM
Shackster

My System

FINALLY!! I read the whole topic so I have learned a lot about subwoofers now

I'm planning on building a pair of subwoofers with a Mal-X 18 and two 18" PR's so I'll be following this from now on
post #300 of 305 Old 04-25-11, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Dylan

Quote:
japperrrr wrote:
FINALLY!! I read the whole topic so I have learned a lot about subwoofers now

I'm planning on building a pair of subwoofers with a Mal-X 18 and two 18" PR's so I'll be following this from now on
Right on, I'll be looking for a build thread

Build log: