Maelstrom 21" With 4 - 2100 Gram 18" Passive Radiators - Page 8 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #71 of 181 Old 12-04-09, 07:23 PM
Kevin

Re: Maelstrom 21" With 4 - 2100 Gram 18" Passive Radiators

Quote:
Mike Cason wrote: View Post
I'm kind of new to this stuff, but does "working on sound treatment" mean telling everyone to shut up while you're working?

Hey dude.....it's Woodstock all over again here.....you can't imagine all of the colors and things I'm seeing again.
Ok Mike.... no making love in public.

Kevin Haskins
Exodus Audio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 181 Old 12-04-09, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Mfishmike

Well, it's 9:40 p.m. 8 hours of labor, and one gallon of contact cement later. I had to get the laminate on tonight because it's going to be in the 20s in the a.m.

HERE YA GO RAVEN! More not so whimpy build pics! All of the laminate is done and there is about 3 hours of seams to be beveled, cleaned, and treated before the drivers can go in tomorrow. Fast enough fer ya now?

Kevin, I normally don't do this, but I've been making love all day and I'm going to share my lady's pictures with you. Actually you will see her from 3 angles.

Everyone have a great evening cause this ole Texas boy is tired and ready to go in for the nite.

Drumroll.......here she is:
post #73 of 181 Old 12-05-09, 12:39 AM
Elite Shackster

bigbadbill

That is awesome, I don't think I would like to be close when it gets angry.....

Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.

DIY completed:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #74 of 181 Old 12-05-09, 05:25 AM Thread Starter
Mfishmike

Quote:
robbo266317 wrote: View Post
That is awesome, I don't think I would like to be close when it gets angry.....
Thanks, I've designed her so that she can be very sweet and generous, or as brutal as you want her to be!
post #75 of 181 Old 12-05-09, 05:40 AM
Elite Shackster

Mike

Looking good Mike!

We're all in this together!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #76 of 181 Old 12-05-09, 06:13 AM Thread Starter
Mfishmike

Good morning Mike...and thank you.

I hope to start the beveling and clean up of all of the corners about mid morning. I would love to go ahead and install the drivers and get to jammin, but I'm doing things right, careful, and want a very nice looking project when I'm done. I appreciate your suggestion about the Maelstrom 21. I didn't even know they were out!

I got a phone call from a very excited person last evening. He was the buyer of my other subs. He said they arrived in Peoria Illinois yesterday afternoon and the truck driver said it was the best and most careful packing job he ever saw. The subs arrived on a pallet in mint condition. I explained the various wiring options he had with the dual terminal cups on each dual driver sub, which he loved. I suggested to him that he reads the Houston DIY forum to see the reviews from the members after we had our auditions. He is buying one of Crown's top of the line amps to drive them.

It's cold here so I'm not so slap happy to get back to work on them, but for $25.00, I can buy some kerosene and fire up my forced furnace and keep at it. Knowing where you live, you are probably sitting there laughing at me complaing about my mid 20 degree weather when it gets 40 degress or more below the -0- degree mark there.....

We'll see how much more gets done today. I would love to have the drivers installed and the grill work started by day's end. Have a fantastic weekend....
post #77 of 181 Old 12-05-09, 07:23 AM
Senior Shackster
Raven

That looks fantastic, Mike! It looks like you really will be the first one "finished". And in record time too!

Edit: Peoria is only a few hours south of me. Maybe I'll run into your old Maels someday.
post #78 of 181 Old 12-05-09, 07:40 AM Thread Starter
Mfishmike

Quote:
Lonely Raven wrote: View Post
That looks fantastic, Mike! It looks like you really will be the first one "finished". And in record time too!

Edit: Peoria is only a few hours south of me. Maybe I'll run into your old Maels someday.
Thank you Raven.....my other subs were the dual 2 ohm 15" Soundsplinter RLP-15s; 2 subs with two drivers and 4 - 15" passives each. The Maelstroms weren't out when I built them.

With all of the discounts and special deals I got, I'll have close to the same amount of money in this sub that I sold my other two subs and two amps for. Maybe $200 more, max. That includes the new F1200TS amplifier. Just a of a lot of labor.
post #79 of 181 Old 12-05-09, 08:19 AM
Senior Shackster
Raven

Wow! That's quite a deal!
post #80 of 181 Old 12-06-09, 06:32 AM Thread Starter
Mfishmike

Quote:
Lonely Raven wrote: View Post
Wow! That's quite a deal!
I'm up to $300 more now with the grillwork and more bolting supplies & silicone. I have more actual money in materials and costs with the twin subs, but I've used them for a couple of years, so I've got my money's worth.

With my work and my wife's work almost at a standstill, I may even put this one up for sale.

The laminate work is completed and the subwoofer is installed. I'll install the passives, binding post, and lay out the grillwork and may get them built too. Either way, the sub will be done today and in the HT late this afternoon with or without the grills finished.