Ported RL-P 15 Project - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #21 of 30 Old 03-20-07, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Geoff

Re: Ported RL-P 15 Project

I had thought about it but I think that I'm going to wait and see if there is any discernible port noise that it could help with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 Old 03-20-07, 05:52 PM
Senior Shackster
Platinum Supporter

Rodny

NICE looking sub!!!!!!
Great job!!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #23 of 30 Old 03-20-07, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Geoff

Well, Mike sent me an email that the drivers are on the way. I have a second RL-P 15 D2 coming that I haven't entirely decided what to do with yet. I may build an LLT type enclosure for it to do a comparison... who knows.

I just wanted to mention that I'm thoroughly impressed with Mike's customer service. I've been dealing with a couple of other sub manufacturers and Mike has been far and away the most responsive and easiest to deal with and was very fast at getting back to me (sometimes within an hour).

post #24 of 30 Old 03-21-07, 12:28 PM
Senior Shackster
Mike

Cool Re: Ported RL-P 15 Project

Thanks again for the compliments Geoff. Your enclosure is lookin' mighty fine - quite similar to the first box I ever built for my first-generation RL-p15 back in 2004 comin' in at 3.5 cu ft net @ 25 Hz. It defeinitely delivered tons of punch and had not failed to impress a single visitor, though ideally I would prefer larger and lower tuned for that super deep bass. You gotta make do with what you got though, and keepin' the other half happy is a task all its own!

Comin' from a 10" driver, indeed there is little doubt you will be blown away!
post #25 of 30 Old 03-21-07, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Geoff

I'm hoping that once my wife hears this one she'll be okay with something larger. On the other hand if it is too good she might not see the point.

Thanks for the compliment Mike!
post #26 of 30 Old 04-02-07, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Geoff

My drivers showed up today. It's a little different seeing these things in real life compared with pictures on the internet. Anyway, they look top notch.

More to follow.

post #27 of 30 Old 04-02-07, 09:40 PM
Senior Shackster

Jerm357

Did you bolt that thing it the box yet? How does she sound?
post #28 of 30 Old 04-02-07, 10:01 PM
Senior Shackster
Ben

Geoff, that is an very nice looking box - I'm jealous. Terrific bracing and great finish.
(I can't seem to get up of my rear-end and finish my enclosure for my dual RL-p 15" D4 sealed sub.), but I do have a single in a ported enclosure doing more than enough for me as it is.

Can you tell me what you are using for fill? it looks like carpet underlay - which I think should work quite well.

Ben (In Pinawa)
post #29 of 30 Old 04-02-07, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Geoff

Quote:
Jerm357 wrote: View Post
Did you bolt that thing it the box yet? How does she sound?
I did. She sounds great! I haven't really tried it out at anything approaching full power. This is my first sub that's bigger than a 10" and it's flat out amazing how much output there is without much cone movement at all. I have another enclosure in the works for the second one.
post #30 of 30 Old 04-02-07, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Geoff

Quote:
Bent wrote: View Post
Geoff, that is an very nice looking box - I'm jealous. Terrific bracing and great finish.
(I can't seem to get up of my rear-end and finish my enclosure for my dual RL-p 15" D4 sealed sub.), but I do have a single in a ported enclosure doing more than enough for me as it is.

Can you tell me what you are using for fill? it looks like carpet underlay - which I think should work quite well.

Ben (In Pinawa)
Thanks a lot! Yeah, the fill is some carpet underlay I had lying around. I still have to play around with the levels and get this thing matched with my mains. Right now I think that I'm running it a little hot compared with the mains. I still have to run do a full setup with my new Onkyo AVR so I'll probably leave it for a bit.