IXL 18.2.2 HT Build (10.0 cu ft 15hz) - Page 6 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

1Likes

post #51 of 79 Old 09-09-11, 06:39 AM
Elite Shackster

OJ

My System
Re: IXL 18.2.2 HT Build (10.0 cu ft 15hz)

Quote:
gperkins_1973 wrote: View Post
You could easily fit 6-8 in that room.
Beware: This man is certifiably insane. Too much intense bass has decoupled the areas of his brain controlling reasonable judgement.

On a completely unrelated note, Gregg, those look amazing. I'll take 4 whenever you can get around to it.

- OJ -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 79 Old 09-09-11, 08:34 AM
Senior Shackster
jroc

Would love to come by and give you a hand setting these up and tweaking them, or even just for a listen!
post #53 of 79 Old 09-10-11, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Quote:
jroc wrote: View Post
Would love to come by and give you a hand setting these up and tweaking them, or even just for a listen!
Jroc, when they are up and running I will send you a PM with my phone number and you are welcome to come by for a listen. I would like to have them setup before I invite people over, this way visitors can come by and enjoy without being put to work.

The amps have still not arrived, I ordered locally from a company called Long and Mcquade on August 29, they have no explanation as to why they have not arrived but told me to check on Thursday Sept 15, I may ask for my deposit back at that time.

On the bright side, it will give me time to arrange my basement for the subs.
When the amps come in I will let you know.

Gregg

post #54 of 79 Old 09-10-11, 07:49 PM
Senior Shackster
mrogowski

Don't forget me ...
post #55 of 79 Old 09-11-11, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Quote:
mrogowski wrote: View Post
Don't forget me ...
I will definitely not forget you, it is important to me to have built something to show the quality, power and performance of the Mach 5 subs, your subs. Thanks

Gregg
post #56 of 79 Old 09-13-11, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

I received the Behringer EP4000's yesterday and connected two subs up yesterday and the final two subs today. And yes, they are phenomenal. I watched parts of "Ironman" and "Transformers" at normal volumes and the bass response was incredible. These things are beasts, exceeding all expectations.

Gregg
post #57 of 79 Old 09-14-11, 04:30 AM
Elite Shackster
gperkins

Told you so!!!! LOL. Gregg, I am glad your happy and it will no doubt be even better when you get some REW sweeps and add some EQ into the equations. You may even find that with 4 subs you will need very little EQ.

Where do you have them located by the way.

Be good to get some final pics mate.

cheers

Graham
post #58 of 79 Old 09-14-11, 06:47 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Graham

The subs will be behind me and I am going to stack them two high, that is my first plan.
I used the YPAO on my Yamaha amp to set them up. I may do more extensive EQ'ing at a later date.
I can not go too loud as doors rattle, ceiling tiles vibrate, curtain rods rattle, wife was scared. I just play it at a normal listening volume and when the bass kicks in, it is incredible.
Also, when you stand in front of them, you can feel the waves of bass hitting you, that is impressive.

Gregg
post #59 of 79 Old 09-14-11, 06:53 AM
Elite Shackster
gperkins

Im so glad you are happy. Would love a vid if poss at some point.
post #60 of 79 Old 09-14-11, 07:28 AM
Elite Shackster

OJ

My System

Good to hear that you're impressed with the result, Gregg. I'd love to see some final pics of the room too, and keep us updated on your experiments with positioning. With 4 subs you (theoretically) have a lot of options, so I'll bet by the time you settle on something it will sound amazing.

- OJ -