Ultimate Subwoofer - Page 8 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #71 of 90 Old 07-27-15, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Mark

Re: Ultimate Subwoofer

Any further builds?

___________________________________________________________________________ ___________

Mark

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 90 Old 07-27-15, 03:04 PM
Senior Shackster
Steeve B.

I wanted to build mine this summer but with the moving in the new house I've got no time for that (got to clean my grand parent mess, they left half of their stuff here). Next summer I've a lot of renovation to do. In these renovation I will build my futur HT room which will have a 2nd purpose living room.

The Ultimate Subwoofer is planned as a subwoofer for at least the beginning and if I find myself wanting more bass I might go for more of these or something else depending on how I'm pleased by the build. One thing is sure is that I can't wait to build it.

I also want to build some SEOS speaker, possibly the Tempest or Sentinel with Volt-10.

The best part is that my girlfriend gave me the go ahead on anything. She don't ming a big subwoofer of speaker. All she asked is some nice wood veneer finish on most of the stuff. I clearly told her how big this thing will be and how I plan to sort of hide it. I also told her how big sentinel are. She doesn't mine, she actually start to love more and more the good sound we already have with the current setup and she wan't to see what can sound better. Maybe I should marry her?
post #73 of 90 Old 07-27-15, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Mark

There are a couple of things necessary for wife.

Strong like horse.

Pretty like tractor.

Love good sound!

After that, it's all good.

___________________________________________________________________________ ___________

Mark

post #74 of 90 Old 07-29-15, 09:22 PM
Shackster

Plans for this bad boy are available? My latest build sounds good, but this one seems like it would be the ultimate setup!
post #75 of 90 Old 07-29-15, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Mark

Yep.

Contact me at:

mark at kravchenko dash audio dot com

Mark

post #76 of 90 Old 10-16-15, 05:31 PM
Shackster
Mose

Haven't been on the forum in a while and just stumbled across this thread. Had to post as I built one of these:
MY BUILD
It's still going strong 5 years later and is used DAILY for TV, movies, music, etc. This includes a LOT of abuse when the kids play dubstep and trap music!

Just this weekend the wife had some friends over drinking a little wine and she turned up some music. Eyes got big and mouths literally dropped open. One person didn't say anything or close her mouth for about 30 seconds. I've never had anyone hear it that wasn't amazed. (Once a year I circle the house and pound the siding nails back in.)

It was so fun to build, I'm almost disappointed that it has performed so well for so many years. (Although it's nice to know there's a replacement driver.)

Mark, please dream up something that trivializes this horn. If a 12" driver and 300W can do this, what can an 18" driver and 2000W do? If you can design a 'Transcendent Subwoofer', I will build it.

...mose
post #77 of 90 Old 10-16-15, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Mark

Oh do you make me smile.

Like a proud Pappa!

Nice!

I have in fact done a design that betters your existing sub. And it uses 4pcs of 8 inch drivers.

Here is a teaser.
Ultimate Subwoofer-ultimate-sub-four-ka8neo-s.png

There will be some news fairly soon.

I have done boat loads of design work on different sized enclosures and driver combinations over the years. It turns out that this already large size produces the biggest bang for the buck. A larger driver will require a much larger enclosure to maximize on the greater volume of air you can shift.

That is until I release the newer version.

Ultimate Subwoofer-ultimate-sub-four-ka8neo-s-140-watts-input.png

This is a simulation using 140 watts of power.

Yes it is indeed time to think this over! That is also pushing these drivers close to their 14mm Xmax. They are that efficient.

I'll see what I can do with it over the next few months.

And I'll keep you guys posted.

Mark

post #78 of 90 Old 10-17-15, 01:19 AM
Senior Shackster
Steeve B.

I've not been much active on the forum lately but I still read a lot of thread here.

I got my trio 12, I got your plan Mark and I've not forgotten you! I will make a build thread when I'm ready and I will give you your due credit when the time come if this Ultimate sub is any good. I heard it has the side effect of giving perma grind ?

Anyway I've been really busy since a years. I bought my house and I need to work on it a little. Then I got a nice garage that I will slowly but surely convert into a wood working shop.

I also might get some Fusion Tempest or Sentinel build going on to replace my SVS speaker.

Really love your plan Mark keep up the work and I hope to say soon enough that I also like your creation!
post #79 of 90 Old 10-17-15, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Mark

The next plan will include a build video. A little easier than all the work that three of us put into producing the last one.

Plus you guys will get to see me put one together. It'll be a hoot.

Might even be able to teach a few people a few tricks. Been a cabinet Maker for quite a long time. And showing a little bit of what I have learned can be rewarding to.

Mark

post #80 of 90 Old 10-18-15, 02:42 AM
Shackster

Hi Mark, waiting with baited breath for your new design, count me in for a build. In the meantime I am looking to upgrade from the trio 12 to the faital pro. I see in these threads mentions of the 12FH520 and the 12FH510. Which one? I am assuming its the 520 having seen your graphs on page 2. I have lived with the Ultimate SW now for just over 2 years and still can't wipe the smile from my face. Movies and music, fantastic. As you know I was contemplating a bigger build, but I need more practice with horn resp so that was shelved and a second USW was planned. However I will hold off until you have finished this new design. I for one would be more than happy to pay in advance while waiting for the final plans and also for the drivers to get in early. Wow SPL of 120db @ 16hz.

All the best, Rob.