My Fi Sub - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 31 Old 11-12-07, 11:57 PM
Rob D
Inactive

Re: My Fi Sub

Quote:
ebr wrote: View Post
Thank you very much.

Interior dimensions of the room are 14'8" x 17' finished. I say finished because the wall treatments eat up 4-6" of the original dimensions and the screen wall is about 2 1/2 feet out from the actual front wall.

The screen is 96" wide (92" visible) 2.35:1.

More details are on the site in my sig.
Thank you. I visited your page, lots of good detail in there. Congrats on a fantastic HT... wonder what build #4 will bring
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 31 Old 11-13-07, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
ebr
ebr

Quote:
thxgoon wrote: View Post
Hey very very nice setup you have there! You forgot to mention in your thread what kind of main speakers you are using. What do you think of the sound of the QSC's on your mains? I know there are at least a couple of threads on this forum debating the quality of pro amps in the home, maybe you could comment on them???

Back OT - What do you think of the FI's so far? How do they do in that sealed enclosure? Is the one 2500 enough? Last.. sorry for all the ?'s, have you had any time to take REW measurements?
My main L/R speakers are Ascend 340SEs and my center channel is a Rocket Bigfoot.

I replaced an expensive Lexicon NT512 (re-badged Bryston) amp with the QSCs and couldn't be happier. More clean power by far and it was a free upgrade as I was able to sell a Lexicon 2-ch amp used for the same amount it cost me for the two QSCs.

I think the Fi's do better in the sealed enclosure than they did when I had them setup in an IB - in my situation anyway. With four of them I have so much displacement that I don't need to even think about a port.

Here is a REW plot - but its old. This is before I replaced the BFD with the DEQ2496. I have since been able to tame the peak at 28 a bit and the overall response extends a little more than this now. The null at 40 is still my biggest room issue.

post #13 of 31 Old 11-13-07, 01:34 PM
Elite Shackster

thxgoon

Wow, sweeet. I think I might be steering in that direction for my next build. Thanks for the pics.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #14 of 31 Old 11-13-07, 04:38 PM
Elite Shackster

Ahmed

Send a message via MSN to Blaser

WOW...I like the equipment rack as well. But where are the speakers? Are you running subwoofers only????

ASME AI
Yamaha RX-V2500, Wharfedale Diamond 9.6 Fronts, Wharfedale Diamond CM Center, Diamond DFS Surround and rear, Behringer FBQ 2496, Dual RL-P18s 625L LLTs, Dual TA-2400 Pro (2 * 2000 W Amp), Samsung HD870 DVD player, Carada BW 16:9 106" screen, Epson TW-2000, 60 Gb PS3
Important HT proverbs:
- "You can never have too much headroom" (talking about bass)
- "you can never have too big a screen" (talking about still pictures)

post #15 of 31 Old 11-13-07, 05:57 PM
Elite Shackster

Ilkka

Quote:
ebr wrote: View Post
My main L/R speakers are Ascend 340SEs and my center channel is a Rocket Bigfoot.

I replaced an expensive Lexicon NT512 (re-badged Bryston) amp with the QSCs and couldn't be happier. More clean power by far and it was a free upgrade as I was able to sell a Lexicon 2-ch amp used for the same amount it cost me for the two QSCs.

I think the Fi's do better in the sealed enclosure than they did when I had them setup in an IB - in my situation anyway. With four of them I have so much displacement that I don't need to even think about a port.

Here is a REW plot - but its old. This is before I replaced the BFD with the DEQ2496. I have since been able to tame the peak at 28 a bit and the overall response extends a little more than this now. The null at 40 is still my biggest room issue.
So is that subwoofer only or why there is so much material above ~130 Hz? If that's with mains, then the very small dip at 40 Hz certainly isn't your biggest problem.
post #16 of 31 Old 11-13-07, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
ebr
ebr

Quote:
Ilkka wrote: View Post
...then the very small dip at 40 Hz certainly isn't your biggest problem.
lol - yeah, that would be pretty terrible, huh? That is just the sub and I ran a sweep from 10 to 200hz. This was before the 2496 and its shelving filter so I just hadn't bothered to touch those higher frequencies with the BFD since the sub would never actually see them.

I guess I should haul the equipment out and make a new plot.
post #17 of 31 Old 11-13-07, 07:35 PM
Senior Shackster

Warmon

Man that room looks sooooo comfy...looks like a nice place to hide and catch a few Zzzz's. My favorite line from the website: " I can pretty much make anyone their pants with this setup and the right demo"...

Warmon - "know what I mean Vern"
post #18 of 31 Old 11-14-07, 08:05 AM

Now that is one of the best Home Theaters iv seen to date.
Nice color scheme
Great layout
Great design
You have a lot of envious people here drooling over this theater.......
Very Very nice job you should be very proud of the work youve done here.
That's a 5 star set up.
I'm jealous.
post #19 of 31 Old 11-14-07, 10:40 AM
Shackster
whatever

Quote:
Sonnie wrote: View Post
Nice setup...

Did you know there is a big gorilla lookin' in your window?
lol

sweet set up ebr!
post #20 of 31 Old 11-16-07, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
ebr
ebr

Thanks all for the comments. I dragged out the measurement gear today and took a plot of my sub with the 2496. Here is the current measurement:

Better extension than the BFD. Not as much as when I had an IB setup but, in practice, it has as much real impact and works better for my setup.