Mach 5 Audio IXL-18.4 Build - Page 6 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #51 of 87 Old 11-17-08, 02:32 PM
Elite Shackster

Josh

Re: Mach 5 Audio IXL-18.4 Build

Sounds like your woman is a keeper Mike!.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 87 Old 01-11-09, 03:12 AM

Aaron

Quote:
Mike P. wrote: View Post
When I had a pair of Shiva's and a pair of Atlas 15's in the HT, it was the wife who mentioned that they sounded strained when pushed hard, and maybe we should get something bigger. That got me the pair of IXL-18's. It was her who wanted an upgrade to her upstairs music system (IXL-15) and also her who wanted a sub in her workout room (IXL-12). Yes, I know. I'm a very lucky man!
Mike, thanks for reposting the link to this thread in another. I hadn't seen it before, somehow. You have got some incredibly impressive subwoofers and an equally amazing system, there! I can barely believe your wife mentioned that two 12" and two 15" high excursion sounded strained. That's already on a whole other level from where I'm at, and my wife was happy with a Dayton Quatro 15", only 1/3 of the displacement of the current single Tempest-X. To the Dayton's credit, it was being used with a dynamic limiter, so it never really sound strained - though certainly did after the limiter was removed. The build of your latest monsters is just awesome. Someday, we'll have a house with a large dedicated theater, then I plan to have a 15" (or at least 12") in every single channel, well maybe not the center.
post #53 of 87 Old 01-11-09, 07:40 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Mike

Quote:
I can barely believe your wife mentioned that two 12" and two 15" high excursion sounded strained
You must remember my HT is on a cement floor in the basement. It takes some serious "woofage" to get the tactile effect. The Shiva tubes sounded fantastic when they were upstaits in the livingroom. But when I moved them downstairs it was like they died. Thus the upgrading to where I am now.

The wife and I decided on a new TV for Christmas. It was time to retire the RCA 42 inch 480i rear projection. It's hard to believe I paid the same price for the new Samsumg 67 inch 1080p as I did for the RCA 10 years ago. I love how things progess!
Next up will be seating. We hope to have decent recliners by this summer. I am so tired of those futtons!

Mach 5 Audio IXL-18.4 Build-p1100160.jpg

We're all in this together!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #54 of 87 Old 01-11-09, 08:03 AM
Senior Shackster

ginseng

Quote:
It's hard to believe I paid the same price for the new Samsumg 67 inch 1080p as I did for the RCA 10 years ago. I love how things progess!
Amen to that
Exactly what I am planning to do. Buy a huge monster flatscreen, with every conceivable feature, for next to nothing.
post #55 of 87 Old 01-13-09, 01:40 AM

Aaron

Nice improvement, Mike! So did you decide to skip the projector altogether?
post #56 of 87 Old 01-13-09, 04:52 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Mike

Yes we did. The Samsung is plenty big enough for the seating distance, doesn't give off heat like a projector and I read somewhere the lamp is supposed to last 20,000 hours. We absolutely love it!

post #57 of 87 Old 06-28-09, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Mike

Finally updated the seating. Bought some Palliser reclining couches for the sides and a rocker/recliner love seat for the back. So glad to finally get rid of those futons!

Mach 5 Audio IXL-18.4 Build-picture-013.jpg
Mach 5 Audio IXL-18.4 Build-picture-010.jpg
Mach 5 Audio IXL-18.4 Build-picture-012.jpg
Mach 5 Audio IXL-18.4 Build-picture-019.jpg
Mach 5 Audio IXL-18.4 Build-picture-015.jpg

post #58 of 87 Old 06-28-09, 06:13 PM
Shackster
John

looks like an awesome room to spend some time in.
post #59 of 87 Old 06-28-09, 10:06 PM
Senior Shackster
Fred

That looks really nice Mike!
post #60 of 87 Old 07-01-09, 09:34 PM
Elite Shackster

PHIL

"Symmetry" is what comes to mind from the co-equal lamps to the twin silver cup holders. Everything a HT enthusiast could ask for . . . . and then some. Nice job Mike.