DUAL RL-P15 Build - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #21 of 51 Old 01-17-08, 01:51 AM
Senior Shackster
Will

Send a message via AIM to WillyD Send a message via Skype™ to WillyD
Re: DUAL RL-P15 Build

Unless his room is particularly large or he has very capable mains and likes to crank it, I don't see a reason not to.

Soho54 has his pair of RSS390 sonsoubs tuned to 13.5Hz...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 51 Old 01-17-08, 03:57 AM Thread Starter
Shackster
cpiman

Quote:
SteveCallas wrote: View Post
Any reason for wanting to tune to 12hz with "only" two 15" drivers?
Quote:
WillyD wrote: View Post
Unless his room is particularly large or he has very capable mains and likes to crank it, I don't see a reason not to.

Soho54 has his pair of RSS390 sonsoubs tuned to 13.5Hz...
The room is 2520cuft that is open to my dinning room and kitchen via a opening in the back of the room that is 7' X 9'. I have no trouble now filling that room with good bass. My mains are JBL Northridge 100 E-Series that I feed with a QSC 850rmx that gives 185watts from 20-20. The mains do very well keeping up now. I just feel that I am missing out some on the lower end. I figured tune low I can alway bring it up.

I went ahead and orderd the Crown XS900.

Last edited by cpiman; 01-17-08 at 04:09 AM.
post #23 of 51 Old 01-17-08, 09:59 AM
Senior Shackster
Will

Send a message via AIM to WillyD Send a message via Skype™ to WillyD

Sounds good.

post #24 of 51 Old 01-17-08, 12:39 PM
Senior Shackster

Quote:
cpiman wrote: View Post
The room is 2520cuft that is open to my dinning room and kitchen via a opening in the back of the room that is 7' X 9'. I have no trouble now filling that room with good bass. My mains are JBL Northridge 100 E-Series that I feed with a QSC 850rmx that gives 185watts from 20-20. The mains do very well keeping up now. I just feel that I am missing out some on the lower end. I figured tune low I can alway bring it up.

I went ahead and orderd the Crown XS900.
Looking forward to your comparisons.
Its threads like these that get me wondering about big ported subs

If you don't have a BFD for your sub, get one fast!
If you don't have REW, get it now!
post #25 of 51 Old 01-18-08, 11:52 PM Thread Starter
Shackster
cpiman

Well, I got the wood all cut and one box almost done. I ran out of heating fuel at 11 tonight and it is -10 so I can't work without it

Here are some pictures so far what I have done........

Sorry for the bad pictures I used my camera phone

post #26 of 51 Old 01-19-08, 06:24 AM
Elite Shackster

Mike

Looking good. Those are pretty good pictures for a phone camera compared to others I have seen.

post #27 of 51 Old 01-20-08, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
Shackster
cpiman

Well worked on it from 10am till 11:30pm and I have MDF dust in places our creator never intended

Got one box all closed up and the screw holes putty-ed. Man I don't know what I was thinking but I used way to many screws on the first box. Lots of work to get it cleaned up. Live and learn I guess

I plan to just give them a nice black coat of paint. Nothing fancy....

Anyway here are some updated pictures for your pleaser

post #28 of 51 Old 01-20-08, 09:23 PM
Mfishmike

Re: RMX QSC 1450 amps...

Quote:
cpiman wrote: View Post
Thanks for the input Willy. I don't want to leave anything on the table here. What amp would you recommend? EP2500? I can get that for a good price right now. Would you keep the same tune of 14hz with a bigger amp then?

I'm using two of these QSC 1450's on my single subwoofer and IMHO, you should be very satisfied with their results. I get very clean and distortion free amplification with these amps. I'm running one amp bridged to 1450 watts at 4 ohms for each driver in a single common cabinet and the sound is awesome. I'm also using 4 passive radiators instead of ports so that may be another reason for the rich clean bass. Don't sell those amps short on performance! My amps aren't rated at 2 ohm load, but QSC may have changed and improved them to handle a 2 ohm load bridged. Be sure to check that out...
Attached Thumbnails
DUAL RL-P15 Build-ss15.jpg  

DUAL RL-P15 Build-finished015.jpg  

DUAL RL-P15 Build-finished009.jpg  

post #29 of 51 Old 01-23-08, 02:05 PM
Elite Shackster

OJ

My System

cpiman, nice big box! I think you'll be very happy with the results here. I hope you've got some help to move that to the listening position... looks like it's going to be a heavy one. I also like how you rounded off the edges of the holes in the bracing, nice detail.

- OJ -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #30 of 51 Old 01-23-08, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Shackster
cpiman

Quote:
Owen Bartley wrote: View Post
I hope you've got some help to move that to the listening position... looks like it's going to be a heavy one. I also like how you rounded off the edges of the holes in the bracing, nice detail.
Thanks Owen!

I have my 14 year old to help me when I get them done. I was able to work on them tonight for a bit. I work a lot so I have not had a chance sense Sunday

I have them all together just did some sanding and put some spot putty on them. Hope to put a coat of paint on them tomorrow

Got my Crown Xs900 on Monday. WOW is that thing built good! Not as loud as my QSC and it has 2 fans!