2x tc sounds lms ultra 18" ported for home theater - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 32 Old 10-01-14, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
Shackster
alexis

My System
2x tc sounds lms ultra 18" ported for home theater

Hey guys.
I need help with diy a subwoofer box for my 2x tc sounds lms ultra 18". I want to go ported. I know some of you might recommend sealed. But, I previous had these subs on a ported box inside my van. I really enjoyed the deep bass and how linear this sub are. I live in an NYC apartment and need all the space available without compromising sound. I saw a sketch once on this site but can remember who was the onr who had it done. Is a sketch of three subwoofers that appeared tp be on a tv stand. Anyone? Well that is my goal to save all the space available. I want to tune at around 17hz. The space I have available is around 24H x 26D x 96L. If you guys think I need more space than the one mentioned, please let me know.
I know for the turning desired tc sounds recommends a 90+++ inches port for 17hz tuning.
If it helps, my desire amp that I want is a LAB GRUPPEN 10000Q. 5, 000 watts each at 4ohm bridged 2 xhannel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 10-01-14, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Shackster
alexis

My System
Re: 2x tc sounds lms ultra 18" ported for home theater

This is the sketch. I give all the credit to tje person (s) responsible for this sketch. I did not do this. In fact, I like this idea for my HT to save space. I am having issues uploading the pic for reference.
post #3 of 32 Old 10-01-14, 10:02 AM
GCG
Senior Shackster

Patrick

My System

Would this be OK?
Attached Thumbnails
2x tc sounds lms ultra 18" ported for home theater-graph1.gif  

7.1 System

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Center - Infinity Video 1
Surrounds -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
(in ceiling)
Rears -
(in ceiling)

Content source - WDTV Live Hub Media Server

post #4 of 32 Old 10-01-14, 10:02 AM
HTS Senior Moderator

Papi

Are you referring to the stealth 18" pair of JBL subwoofers designed into a cabinet or the large quad 18 cabinet that was also a "TV?"

"Music is the space between the notes"
[T]o talk well and eloquently is a very great art, but that an equally great one is to know the right moment to stop.
post #5 of 32 Old 10-01-14, 10:04 AM
GCG
Senior Shackster

Patrick

My System

You DO realize your neighbors WILL grow to hate you, right?

7.1 System

Surrounds -
(in ceiling)
Rears -
(in ceiling)

post #6 of 32 Old 10-01-14, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
Shackster
alexis

My System

GCG, I don't mind the hate. . I love deep bass. When I had this subs on my van, people hated them. They were extremely loud. It's time to put them qere they belong HT.
post #7 of 32 Old 10-01-14, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Shackster
alexis

My System

I need to learn how to upload pics here.
post #8 of 32 Old 10-01-14, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Shackster
alexis

My System

Honestly, o dont know which pair it was. All I saw was the sketck. I downloaded the oic to have it as reference. I do have it on my cell. As soon as I can manage to upload pics, I will post them.
post #9 of 32 Old 10-01-14, 10:29 AM
GCG
Senior Shackster

Patrick

My System

That response in my previous post was with your dims, 6-6" ports @ 60", and a 14.2Hz high pass to keep you out of Xmax. vent velocity ~ 23-24 m/s. I'd go sealed and try a Linkwitz to push the low end. With room gain it could sweet. What's the size of the space.

Edit: BTW the Linkwitz re-shapes the roll-off to a nice Q of 0.700.
Attached Thumbnails
2x tc sounds lms ultra 18" ported for home theater-graph2.gif  

7.1 System

Surrounds -
(in ceiling)
Rears -
(in ceiling)

post #10 of 32 Old 10-01-14, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Shackster
alexis

My System

The room is not big. Lol is a typical NYC apartment. Is around 15x20. 8ft sealing high. I might be crazy to put two in this room so small.