ALM Family Theater automation using iRule - Page 10 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #91 of 94 Old 11-03-14, 03:13 PM
Shackster
Mario

My System
Re: ALM Family Theater automation using iRule

Quote:
ALMFamily wrote: View Post
Waaay behind here Ron - it is actually pretty standard stuff for irule. I currently control a Denon 4520, Panasonic 7000, OPPO 93, Lutron Grafik Eye, and my directv box. I just recently finished my music server using JRiver and I control that using Webgizmo which I can connect with through iRule.

Again, apologies for the late reply. The only issue I had recently was my GC-100 tanking on me - I had it replaced and was back up and running in pretty short order. I finished up the music server and added the screen to control that using Webgizmo - works pretty well. I have to get zone 2 set up and working yet, but I think that should go pretty smoothly as it should be similar to the music server screen.

Mario,

I unfortunately won't be much help there - I use an iPad for mine and don't seem to have reconnection issues at all. Sorry... :-(

Joe
Thanks Joe. I guess I am ultimately looking for a handset that is stable, so you may have been more help than you think. I most likely will start shopping for an iPad because I think my Android device may be the problem. Thanks again. --Mario
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 94 Old 01-01-15, 11:22 PM
Senior Shackster

Any tips on how to get the gc 100 on my network as a gateway? I have it plugged in by ethernet but my network isn't seeing it. I read I need to connect to it at 192.168.1.70 but I can't get that to work, or I don't know what I'm doing. Any help?
post #93 of 94 Old 01-02-15, 12:44 PM
Senior Shackster

Ok I'm connected to the gc 100 by changing my pc ip and connected directly to the gc100. Now what? My pc ip is 107.15.x.x and subnet is 255.255.x.x. Do I set the gc to those same values?

post #94 of 94 Old 01-05-15, 10:47 AM
Shackster
Mario

My System
Re: ALM Family Theater automation using iRule

Quote:
wraunch wrote: View Post
Ok I'm connected to the gc 100 by changing my pc ip and connected directly to the gc100. Now what? My pc ip is 107.15.x.x and subnet is 255.255.x.x. Do I set the gc to those same values?
Wraunch - If your router's gateway IP is anything other than 192.168.1.x, which it seems your router's is, then you do exactly what you have done -- manually change your PC's IP to 192.168.1.x, connect it directly to the GC100, log in to the GC100 at 192.168.1.70. Once you're in the user interface for the GC100, you should be able to change the IP to the IP you need for your LAN (ie the 107.15.y.x changing the y variable on the GC100 to the y variable of your LAN).

Remember that once you've manually changed the IP on the GC100, it will lose it's connection to your PC, but you can reconnect to the GC100 once you've changed your PC IP back to the 107.15.x.x with a direct connection, or through your router, switch or however you have your LAN set-up. Hope this helps. Thanks. --Mario