ALM Family Theater automation using iRule - Page 4 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #31 of 94 Old 01-28-13, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System
Re: ALM Family Theater automation using iRule

Quote:
HT2013 wrote: View Post
Have you already figured out the changing IP issue? I was struggling with this issue for a while. Despite iRule's advice to set up static IP's for all of my devices, I left it up to the router's DHCP capability to assign them. I finally went in to my router's set-up (Netgear WNDR4500), and created IP Reservations for each device I wanted to control with iRule - including the gateways (iTach IP2IR and GC-100-12). Apparently, this method doesn't cause the "problems" assigning static IP's does (not sure what problems, iRule community forums mention them).

This may be a simple-fix to a simple-problem, but thought I'd post it nevertheless. These little steps sometimes stump me for much longer than is necessary I'm sure

Any-who, thanks for the posts and for the threads you have going on! --Mario
And, welcome to HTS!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 94 Old 01-28-13, 09:52 PM
Senior Shackster

raZorTT

Quote:
ALMFamily wrote: View Post

Yeah - that one stumped me for quite a bit. My biggest hurdle coming up is going to be that I am a complete and utter novice when it comes to using any picture editing packages - creating my own buttons is going to be painful.
Let me know when you are about to start. I have some custom buttons for photoshop/fireworks that might save you some time. Happy to share them.

Cheers,
Simon

post #33 of 94 Old 01-29-13, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

Quote:
raZorTT wrote: View Post
Let me know when you are about to start. I have some custom buttons for photoshop/fireworks that might save you some time. Happy to share them.

Cheers,
Simon
That would be great - thanks Simon!

post #34 of 94 Old 02-28-13, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

Just purchased the Denon AVR-4520CI which will be used in the theater.

I started looking in iRule to get a quick page setup - and, I must admit, I really wish the naming conventions were done much better. I am looking at the remote and trying to determine which functions tie to which commands and I cannot even locate the return/back function in iRule.

More trial and error on the way I guess.

post #35 of 94 Old 02-28-13, 09:41 AM
Senior Shackster
Harold

My System
Send a message via AIM to Harold Dale Send a message via MSN to Harold Dale Send a message via Yahoo to Harold Dale

If you have one of the iTach devices you can set it up for learning and learn the code to the PC.
post #36 of 94 Old 02-28-13, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

Ugh - I do not unfortunately.

post #37 of 94 Old 02-28-13, 09:55 AM
Senior Shackster
Harold

My System
Send a message via AIM to Harold Dale Send a message via MSN to Harold Dale Send a message via Yahoo to Harold Dale

I don't know if it works with the other devices.
post #38 of 94 Old 03-02-13, 01:13 AM Thread Starter
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

Alright, I am stuck. I cannot seem to get the Denon to accept commands. I found something through google suggesting I need to create a network gateway with a port of 23.

My reaction? does anybody understand what that is and how I might accomplish it?

post #39 of 94 Old 03-02-13, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

Quote:
ALMFamily wrote: View Post
Alright, I am stuck. I cannot seem to get the Denon to accept commands. I found something through google suggesting I need to create a network gateway with a port of 23.

My reaction? does anybody understand what that is and how I might accomplish it?
Ok, I think I figured this one out this morning. I am off to my son's basketball tourney - will post again with the full report later.

post #40 of 94 Old 03-02-13, 02:17 PM
Senior Shackster

raZorTT

Hi Joe

Glad you figured it out. What was the trouble?

Simon