ALM Family Theater automation using iRule - Page 8 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #71 of 94 Old 06-23-13, 07:30 PM
Shackster
mark

Re: ALM Family Theater automation using iRule

I know what the IP address is of the unit but I can't locate it when I look at the router. I have the Mac Address. How do you go about making a static IP and then would I be able to see it. The denon AVR unit I have not had any issues
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 94 Old 07-04-13, 04:55 PM
Shackster
mark

How do I set up a network gateway? Got my lights working now trying to set up my Denon AVR.
post #73 of 94 Old 07-22-13, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

Quote:
killian wrote: View Post
I know what the IP address is of the unit but I can't locate it when I look at the router. I have the Mac Address. How do you go about making a static IP and then would I be able to see it. The denon AVR unit I have not had any issues
Quote:
How do I set up a network gateway? Got my lights working now trying to set up my Denon AVR.
Yikes, sorry Mark - somehow this thread slipped through the cracks on me. Were you able to get these straightened out?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #74 of 94 Old 08-04-13, 07:41 PM
Shackster
mark

I am up and running with the I Rule but trying to work out many bugs. When I hit the TV button it shuts every
thing off so I need to figure out which command to use on the Denon and get it set in my Entrance. The other thing that I'm trying to do is set channels up on the ICONS that represent stations such as CNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, Hallmark, Etc.. Everything else I just need to work thru. Would love to find a neat background to use then figure out how to down load and put together.
post #75 of 94 Old 12-30-13, 09:42 PM
Shackster

Ernie

My System

Hi guys, -A new member for your group.
Iím a refuge from RedEye. I always had trouble getting it to hook up reliably to my network despite a strong signal from My Asus RT-N66U Dark Night router. ( signal strength confirmed with inSSIDer)
The RedEye finally crapped out completely. I went looking for assistance from RedEye.
Even though their web site is still up, they Ďhave closed their doorsí.
I have read through all of your posts on irule and as much I can inhale at the irule site. I was especially interested in your thoughts regarding screen size. Iíve been using an ipod touch with the RedEye but I find that the screen is just too small. I have a Hisense Sero 7 Pro on order. Itís 7 in. screen should work out better. I also have a Global Cache iTach IP2IR on order.
Iíll go for the Pro version of irule as I want the feedback features for everything that I can control over IP.

I was just wondering if anyone did a comparison with any other control system, such as MyUremote ( http://www.myuremote.com/website/ ) ios, Android,
Or, Roomie (http://www.pooraudiophile.com/2013/0...universal.html ) ios only.
I will let you know how it goes and I probably have lots of questions for you experts.
Have a Happy New Year.
Ernie
post #76 of 94 Old 01-25-14, 11:22 AM
Shackster
mark

I finally have some more free time so I'm back to doing some fine tuning on the theater and I rule. I might of asked this question before but I will do it again. I'm trying to get more features working on my Denon Blu Ray player. The Irule does not offer up all the items that I know that the remote can do (i.e Net Flick, You Tube). How do I go about programing these items??? I have tried to post some pictures of the theater. It is a lot more impressive in person but we are loving it. The kids and their friends love being here enjoying movies and music. Also works great for a sound studio for my daughters trumpet playing.
post #77 of 94 Old 01-27-14, 11:58 PM Thread Starter
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

Quote:
I finally have some more free time so I'm back to doing some fine tuning on the theater and I rule. I might of asked this question before but I will do it again. I'm trying to get more features working on my Denon Blu Ray player. The Irule does not offer up all the items that I know that the remote can do (i.e Net Flick, You Tube). How do I go about programing these items??? I have tried to post some pictures of the theater. It is a lot more impressive in person but we are loving it. The kids and their friends love being here enjoying movies and music. Also works great for a sound studio for my daughters trumpet playing.
Mark,

Glad to hear everyone is enjoying the theater!

I have not found a good solution - sometimes you can look through the commands other users have uploaded to get what you are looking for - but that is really hit or miss. Only other suggestion I have is contacting the iRule folks - I met one of them at a GTG and he was super friendly and helpful. Let me know if you figure it out - I got the bare bones going, but I am still knee deep in construction so I have not really delved into it yet.

post #78 of 94 Old 01-28-14, 08:06 AM
Shackster
mark

I tried to post some pictures but I could not get them uploaded. What is the correct process to up load pics. Thanks for all of your help. It has made our theater a great space. As does everyone, there is still fine tuning to do.

Thanks
post #79 of 94 Old 01-28-14, 04:32 PM
Senior Shackster

raZorTT

Your best bet is to try and get a hold of the Denon codes. You should then be able to create new actions inside irule. You'll probably need to search the interwebs and denon forums to get a hold of them.

I was lucky with my Yamaha equipment. I found a spread sheet with every single command / action and the hex code for it. So for the actions that weren't already in the irule builder I was able to add manually.

post #80 of 94 Old 01-28-14, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

Quote:
I tried to post some pictures but I could not get them uploaded. What is the correct process to up load pics. Thanks for all of your help. It has made our theater a great space. As does everyone, there is still fine tuning to do.

Thanks
I used to use photobucket and then grab the tag and copy it to my post. Now, I upload them to the gallery here and then use the my photos function.

Quote:
raZorTT wrote: View Post
Your best bet is to try and get a hold of the Denon codes. You should then be able to create new actions inside irule. You'll probably need to search the interwebs and denon forums to get a hold of them.

I was lucky with my Yamaha equipment. I found a spread sheet with every single command / action and the hex code for it. So for the actions that weren't already in the irule builder I was able to add manually.
Thanks for that Simon - I know I have a few I will need to search for once I get back on the iRule track.