Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

UMIK-1 is not recognized by REW

6K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  JohnM 
#1 ·
I was using REW without any problems yesterday and unplugged the mic to do some work in the room. Today i plug it back in and REW doesn't see it. I am using the same cable plugged into the same USB port. The mic lights up to show power but that is it. I tried a different USB port but it still doesn't work. I re installed ASIO software and REW... Still doesn't see it. I have unplugged, and re plugged it in to make sure it is in all the way, still nothing. I have rebooted my PC, no difference. Any ideas what went wrong? Did my mic fail?

#3 ·
I have tried your solution and it is still not recognized by my PC. I have noticed there is some play in the connection... Is there supposed to be some play?

#5 ·
I will try it one more time on another computer... If it still doesn't work I will have to call about warranty repair/replacement.

#7 ·
Windows is not seeing it either.

#9 ·
I just tried it on my wife's computer and it doesn't see it either. :(

#10 ·
I just got off the phone with Cross Spectrum Labs, and they told me to send it to them and they will send out a replacement Very nice people to do business with. :T

#12 ·
Yes, they are going to send me a replacement when they receive the old one. :T

#13 ·
Hello, Ian having this old problem, today.

The MacBook Pro (MacOS) is clearly showing the UMIK-1 is selected in System/Sound and if I make a noise the level meter in System/Sound clearly shows that the signal is being received.

REW 5.20B5 clearly says it has found UMIK-1 and chosen it as the input mic and set the mic calibration file. But Level module shows no input being registered on REW (-484.7 db).

If I run a Measurement, the speakers make noise but no input from the mic is seen on REW.

Remember, the mic is definitely recognised, and MacOS System/Sound recognises the mic and 'hears' the mic signal. Nothing wrong with the mic or cabling, then.

Any thoughts?

thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.