Room Measurments - Just starting out help and advice - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 5 Old 05-16-15, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Room Measurments - Just starting out help and advice

Hey guys,

My first post so be kind I'm just starting out with REW and taking measurements you can view my Mdat File at this link. I can also attach graphs if you prefer but as you know there is alot more detail in these files.

I'm using UMIK-1, all measurements have notes and graph names so hope you easily understand what correlates to that measurement.

Would really like to know what you think and your suggestions on possible improvements.

System

Denon AVR-X4100w
Monitor Audio BX2, BXFX and BX Centre
BK Sub XXLS400

Room Measurments - Just starting out help and advice-centre-noeq.jpg
Room Measurments - Just starting out help and advice-front-left-noeq.jpg
Room Measurments - Just starting out help and advice-front-left-sub-noeq.jpg
Room Measurments - Just starting out help and advice-front-right-noeq.jpg
Room Measurments - Just starting out help and advice-front-right-sub-noeq.jpg
Room Measurments - Just starting out help and advice-sub-noeq.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Room Measurments - Just starting out help and advice-fronts-noeq.jpg  

Last edited by wayned1985; 05-16-15 at 01:27 PM. Reason: add images
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-17-15, 11:32 AM
REW Author

John

Re: Room Measurments - Just starting out help and advice

Measurements look good. Audyssey seems to work well for the mains but struggles with the sub and with the sub to mains integration. Seem to get quite a bit more 2nd harmonic distortion with Audyssey. Might be better off with manual EQ for the sub but see how it performs in any alternative positions you can place it first.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-18-15, 05:44 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Thanks John, I'm very limited in the movement of the sub, I have moved the sub a foot to the right of where it was previously and this smoothed out the graph above 100hz a bit more. But I will see if I can relocate it else where to further improve the FR. By manual EQ would you recommend something like anti-mode etc? Would something like this help with intergration with the mains?

post #4 of 5 Old 05-23-15, 08:44 PM
Shackster
Alex

Quote:
wayned1985 wrote: View Post
Thanks John, I'm very limited in the movement of the sub, I have moved the sub a foot to the right of where it was previously and this smoothed out the graph above 100hz a bit more. But I will see if I can relocate it else where to further improve the FR. By manual EQ would you recommend something like anti-mode etc? Would something like this help with intergration with the mains?
have you tried time aligning the mains with the sub? might be an aligment issue if the sub is behind or infront of the main speakers.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-04-15, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Quote:
bazsound wrote: View Post
have you tried time aligning the mains with the sub? might be an aligment issue if the sub is behind or infront of the main speakers.
Thanks for your suggestion, can you tell me the best way to go about time aligning the sub with the mains and how to use REW to determine when it is correctly aligned?

I'm also using a HTPC to watch blu-ray films with DTS-MA, to eq im using EqualizerAPO but from what I have read this does not EQ in WASPI exclusive mode. Can you or anyone recommend an EQ for this purpose, software or hardware based?

Thanks.